First F250, want to add upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 12:07 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First F250, want to add upgrades

hey buddy's, i just got my first 2005 f250 FX4 6.0L. Want to add custom upgrades and would like to have some guides, and what i should do or best for my truck.

Heres a little about my truck. I currently have 98,000 miles, prelifted from ford, about 8 inch with 37's toyo on 20. I get poor gas mileages, on highway 8.3 mpg, on freeway 10.4 mpg (average). how i figure that out? i pump full tank reset the mileage and drive till whenever gas go out and pump again and see how much gallon i had pumped and how many miles i had put on. For example 219 miles/ 28 gallons will give me the mpg. the other thing is that i have fluid leaking but its not diesel, and other bad thing is the steering has a play in it (was thinking power steering fluid leaking?) but then again its not red fluid? please help...

Here are the upgrades i bought so far...
Rize 12" lift kit
king coilover
fox shock
icon spring
axle w/4.56 gears and w/arb lockers
22 xd diesel on 40's toyo

here are the upgrade i want and need

programmer (sct livewire 9600, bully dog triple, edge w/attitude platinum) which one is best to get or none, your opinion?

do i need arp head stud?

EGR delete? heard of it dont know what is it.

MRBP single 5-6" exhaust

Intake, what brand are nice?

will i be saving more gas with tuner and all?
what do i need to run my lift kit and my 40's?
anything i should do before i add performance?
need to change my oil, what you recommand?
powering fuild change and tranny, whats all needed? and how many fluid?

may seem like i dont know how to fix cars, but i do know how to fix my toy car just not an diesel truck, my brother will be helping me and he has certified from UTI. any info would be great and thank you all for helping.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sct is the way to go for programmers. Lifting the truck usually decreases your mileage. 40" tires decrease your mileage. 4.56 gears will help with the 40" tires. You don't "need" an intake. The factory intake is good to about 500hp or so. Egr delete is a good idea. Sinister, RCD, FCDP, Gogo Diesel all make good products. MBRP makes a nice exhaust. No need for more than 4" but a 5 " sounds nice too. Use the proper Motorcraft or Racor filters only. For oil I like Amsoil and Schaeffer in 5w40. Valvoline extreme blue 5w40 has been pretty good according to many. People seem to be having good luck with Rotella T5 10w30.

GAUGES/SYSTEM MONITORING! Get some! I like the Edge Insight. You need to be able to monitor EGT, EOT, ECT, fuel pressure, trans temp if you tow, etc.

Last edited by PGreenSVT; 09-03-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just to add to what PGreenSVT said you didnt say if you corrected for your tire size when you calculated your mileage. It might be 10-15% better than you think but that still is not to good.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:43 PM

thanks for the help guys. i have change of plans, going to sell my truck and get an harley i really like an harley edition. going to install all the performance on to that
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Or

Or you can sell both your trucks...and go on vacation....

Good luck man.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 AM

vacation sounds good but its weather, only vacation to the snow , and thanks hope it sells so i can get what i always wanted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.