best bang for ur buck mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
jake_duet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cut Off
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
best bang for ur buck mods

was wondering whats the best bang for your buck mods for a 6.0, so far all ive got is a k and n intake, and if i have an 03 turbo, i will definitely be straight piping it to get that awesome variable vane whislte. any suggestions on mods. zoodad mod? definitely no chip yet, dont have studs.


Early build 2004 Ford F-250 6.0
S&B Intake
EGR Delete Kit
4" Diamond Eye Turbo Back Straight Pipe
blue spring upgrade
updated oil cooler
Edge Insight CTS monitor
GlowShift boost, fuel psi, and oil psi gauges in pillar pods
08 tail lights, 05 headlights
Mf. Date July, 2003
"Keep on Strokinn"
jake_duet is offline  
post #2 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator


 
PGreenSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,991
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
With that MFG date you should have the infamous 03 turbo with the whistle. Definitely go for the zoodad mod. It's free. Coolant filter, EGR delete if you can where you live, A good monitoring tool/gauges - I highly recommend the Edge Insight for this so you can monitor ECT and EOT, then go ahead and get an SCT and some custom tunes. If you watch your EOT and ECT your head gaskets should hold. If they fail that is the time to do studs.
PGreenSVT is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
bfrank81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 914
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Definitely go for the zoodad mod. It's free. Coolant filter, EGR delete if you can where you live, A good monitoring tool/gauges - I highly recommend the Edge Insight for this so you can monitor ECT and EOT, then go ahead and get an SCT and some custom tunes. If you watch your EOT and ECT your head gaskets should hold. If they fail that is the time to do studs.
I've been researching answers to the same question for about 4 months now. Reading here and on a couple other forums. I've come to the exact same conclusion as above. I added the hi-idle mod because it only cost me a couple bucks and it's cool. I'm also going to do a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust.

Brian


'05 F250 Harley-Davidson

bfrank81 is offline  
post #4 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator


 
PGreenSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,991
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank81 View Post
I've been researching answers to the same question for about 4 months now. Reading here and on a couple other forums. I've come to the exact same conclusion as above. I added the hi-idle mod because it only cost me a couple bucks and it's cool. I'm also going to do a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust.
The hi idle mod is a good one too. I didn't add an exhaust because he said he was definitely going to straight pipe it so I figured that was covered.
PGreenSVT is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
bfrank81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 914
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
The hi idle mod is a good one too. I didn't add an exhaust because he said he was definitely going to straight pipe it so I figured that was covered.
Ahh see what happens when you quickly read through posts as I'm multitasking on like 4 other things. Work sucks I'm ready to retire.

Brian


'05 F250 Harley-Davidson

bfrank81 is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
jake_duet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cut Off
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ya i been trying to figure out if i have the infamous 03 turbo. ive called multiple dealers and theyve said they cant tell me just by my manufacturer date they need my vin number. ya nd i think ill do the zoodad mod.


Early build 2004 Ford F-250 6.0
S&B Intake
EGR Delete Kit
4" Diamond Eye Turbo Back Straight Pipe
blue spring upgrade
updated oil cooler
Edge Insight CTS monitor
GlowShift boost, fuel psi, and oil psi gauges in pillar pods
08 tail lights, 05 headlights
Mf. Date July, 2003
"Keep on Strokinn"
jake_duet is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator


 
PGreenSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,991
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank81 View Post
Ahh see what happens when you quickly read through posts as I'm multitasking on like 4 other things. Work sucks I'm ready to retire.
I heard that. I have 2.5 years to go and I am sooo ready.
PGreenSVT is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator


 
PGreenSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,991
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_duet View Post
ya i been trying to figure out if i have the infamous 03 turbo. ive called multiple dealers and theyve said they cant tell me just by my manufacturer date they need my vin number. ya nd i think ill do the zoodad mod.
I believe the cut over to the 04 engine was in Sept of 03.
PGreenSVT is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
 
jake_duet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cut Off
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
well i guess im in luck! those 03 turbos sure do sound amazing


Early build 2004 Ford F-250 6.0
S&B Intake
EGR Delete Kit
4" Diamond Eye Turbo Back Straight Pipe
blue spring upgrade
updated oil cooler
Edge Insight CTS monitor
GlowShift boost, fuel psi, and oil psi gauges in pillar pods
08 tail lights, 05 headlights
Mf. Date July, 2003
"Keep on Strokinn"
jake_duet is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator


 
PGreenSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,991
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love the sound of mine.
PGreenSVT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome