Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AirdogII Questions

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  sleeper1 
#1 ·
Ok so i installed a airdogII and it works great no problems but a friend of mine with a dodge has the airdog150 or whatever it is and he said that he installed a "draw straw" in the tank n drilled the tank n what not.. mine just tapped into the factory fitting and i didnt drill my tank..n i followed all instructions.

now hes telling me i did it wrong n that the fuel pump will have to work harder then normal..also i did happen to blow the inline fuse that runs to the battery for the pump about 3 weeks ago.no idea why tho.? When idle in park the fuel pressure is 64-68..when idle in D the pressure is 60-62. when driving the fuel pressure usually stays at 68 unless i let off the pedal it drops to around 60-64... i guess im asking if anyone else has there airdogII installed the same way into the fuel tank and what kinda fuel pressure they see at idle and cruise.?

#2 ·
Well as far as I know you installed it correctly because that's the same way I installed mine. My fuel pressure varies by + or -2psi. My average is about 64. You're well above the minimum pressure, which is 45psi. I wouldn't worry about it unless the pump is making weird noises or anything like that.

#4 ·
Have you changed your fuel pressure regulator spring to the blue one? The BB mod would give you similar results and save you $70. This helped keep my pressure a little more stable...I forgot to mention that before

#6 ·
Well you have to buy a kit from Ford that includes the spring. It costs $70. The other parts in the kit really aren't necessary to change out so that's why I just used a BB from a kid's gun. The spring weakens over time and this will help with idle quality and fuel pressure. Here is a link to another thread that thoroughly explains what you need to do. It's pretty easy and only took me about a 1/2hr. The thread says it's for a 7.3 but works for the 6.0 too.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3-mod-help/31197-obs-fpr-shim-gauge-install.html

#7 ·
Awesome,ill deff have to do this. ill just use a BB since it tells you in the write up which size it has to be.

At first i thought you were talkin about changing the spring inside the AirdogII lol

#8 ·
I know that someone else on here was having the same problem as you are and this didn't help him. I figured it's worth trying though because it worked for me and it's easy enough to do...good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.