Cheap Bullydog power pup worth it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cheap Bullydog power pup worth it?

i have the opportunity to purchase a bullydog power pup for $150 is it worth it if all im going to be using it for is when im towing? Im not interested in the the really high hp stuff i just need a little more power when im towing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IMO, no. The Bully Dog doesn't control the trans, especially if you will be towing with it. Get an SCT with custom tow tunes if your looking to get more power for towing. The SCT may cost a couple hundred dollars more, but it's alot cheaper than needing to rebuild the trans.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
No! I agree with everything the above poster said and could not have said it better myself. As far as these 6.0Ls go, custom tuning is the ONLY way to go . I only know of 2 folks who offer custom tuning for them at this point and that is SCT and Spartan. The SCT is the less expensive way. There are more of us running the SCT on our 6.0Ls right now and loving it and not looking back. The custom tuning is done for you, your driving style and what you want out of your truck. I am sure that some of our vendors will be around to let you know what kind of specials they have going.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gotta side with the senile one above on this. Even if she can't drive her own truck right now (not because it's broken...because she's broken). SCT will save you more money than you can imagine in the long run. And you WON'T find anything better. I'm guilty of some wrong decisions...but those were a LONG time ago.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok well ill wait till november and buy a SCT with custom tunes from innovative i mean 430 aint bad i just thought if i could save a couple hundred and it not tear anything up since it only runs +35hp on its towing setting it might be worth it but i sure as hell dont wanna have to get the tranny rebuilt, plus i can probably get a specific program for the sct just for fuel economy for when im just running down the highway, doesnt matter much since my company pays for diesel but it would be nice not to have to stop so often
Old 08-30-2010, 04:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have about 90k on my 06 6.0. I put the bully dog on it about 30k give or take. Only trans issue is every once in a while, it doesn't do it all the time. But, it does not want to shift out of 2nd at WOT sometimes. I have to let off the gas, then it goes right in. So........

It's your call, but for 150bucks.......if you are only running it for a little while......

I'd buy it if it were me. Then sell it down the road and get some custom tunes.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well i mean i tow a 10k load usually once a week minimum so i would be using it pretty often. but i wont ever turn it on performance or the highest setting i have no need to go fast just enough balls to make towing more enjoyable. and my truck doesnt like to shift with a load all the time anyways im used to having to let off the gas to make it shift
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
well if your going to wait until Nov. def wait until our black friday sale.... our SCT's with Innovative tunes will be on sale then....

-Raul
Old 08-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah if i spend the $400 on a tuner i have to wait cause next september im going on vacation and wont have the extra to blow, and then october my check will be short from going on vacation so probably wont have the cash to blow without the wife throwing a fit till november i guess the only question then is when i spend the money do i get the X3 or livewire?

Last edited by RickW2007; 08-30-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
x3 then get gauges. my livewire is huge. i got the window mount and when you put it on your window you cant see anything lol
its not worth it really, you have to turn the screen on and off so mine sits on the floor turned off. i guess im getting gauges or maybe a better monitor.

but besides the livewire bulkyness, sct is AWESOME. i have had it on for bout 2 weeks and grin ear to ear everytime i drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.