My wonderful weekend!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My wonderful weekend!!!

I just picked up a 2005 F250 PSD CC/SB Lariat FX4 a month ago and my wife is now officially pissed off. I started out on Friday at noon. Installed 4" lift with Toyo 285/75R18 on 18" XD Rockstars (I don't like the wheels but got them cheap). So far, so good..... Saturday, jumped out of bed and replaced the diff cover with a mag-hytec and filled her up with Red Line 75-140. No leaks and I moved on to the 4" MBRP exhaust. Cut it all out and as I was installing the down tube, friend on the top side lost the V Clamp nut. As I waited for him to run around town, I started to install the S&B Filter. Finally after an hour of waiting I started back on the exhaust. Didn't read the instructions so it took me a while to realize that I needed to cut down the extension tube to fit a SB. Sounds FN great with the CAT deleted and the muffler installed. Next was the guages. I got everything installed but the Pyro and ECT senders. Once again, parts are lost on the Pyro set up and couldn't find the a test port for ECT sender. Diff and Tranny guages work great. Next thing was changing the oil. Truck already had a leak from the drain plug, so I went on a mission to find a new washer........no luck, dealer part only. As I am getting ready to fill her up, I realized I bought Valvoline Extreme Blue 5W40 instead of 15w40. With that said I filled it up and went home. Semi defeated. The good news is that IDP sent my custom tunes over tonight and after fighting with the computer for 45mins trying to download the drivers, it is DONE and loaded. I will have pics up tomorrow of the goodies and i'll let you know how I like the truck set up.

P.S. Wife is still pissed but loves the truck, I found the ECT test port on block and I have the parts for the Pyro!!!

P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
shes just pissed cause you spent time that coulda been with her or doing chores is work on your truck.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dude they never stop getting pissy mine stays that way about my truck . It's a never ending story ! I know what you are seeing and what you will be dealing with hhehe
Old 08-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
all i get from my family is how i abuse it
Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
shes just pissed cause you spent time that coulda been with her or doing chores is work on your truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hickman View Post
Dude they never stop getting pissy mine stays that way about my truck . It's a never ending story ! I know what you are seeing and what you will be dealing with hhehe
Man you guys are just married to the wrong women. I have the truck and 2 Mustangs I am constantly modding, breaking, fixing, upgrading, etc. etc. My wife is fine with it and if I need another set of hands for something jumps right in.

Might be time to trade yours in lol.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Man you guys are just married to the wrong women. I have the truck and 2 Mustangs I am constantly modding, breaking, fixing, upgrading, etc. etc. My wife is fine with it and if I need another set of hands for something jumps right in.

Might be time to trade yours in lol.
I just buy a few things for the wife, every once in a while, and do what I gotta do with the truck or the rock crawler. I just bought her a new head unit and speakers for her car. And I got her a really nice b-day gift, the Nook . I scored points in more than one way
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm going to have to go with PGreenSVT on this one. Maybe I just havent been married long enough yet. Im 29 married just over 3 years but been together 10 years.( Yeah made her wait a little) but she has no problems with me working on the truck all afternoon on a sunday or at night after work. Gives her time to the TV to watch any girl show or whatever and if i need some extra hands or feet being maybe pumping the rbakes if doing brake work or holding something I just open the door and shout "hey come here" and she comes a run'in. The money well she shakes her head and smiles and I just say "hey are the lights on? is there food in the fridge?" then dont worry about it haha
Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
My wife doesnt mind me spending money on the truck. Sometimes she helps work on it too
Old 08-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just to clear it up. My wife is really cool. For our 1st wedding anniversary she bought me a Benelli M2 12g. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and my wife is 7 months pregnant. Plus this was her last weekend of school for her masters in education. With all that said, I bailed and worked on the truck. I called her today after I set up the SCT and told how FN fast the truck was and her reply was "what should I get for lunch". It's either the truck, trailer, Rhino, buggy project ot guns. I guess she just wants to cuddle sometimes.....
Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker242 View Post
Just to clear it up. My wife is really cool. For our 1st wedding anniversary she bought me a Benelli M2 12g. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and my wife is 7 months pregnant. Plus this was her last weekend of school for her masters in education. With all that said, I bailed and worked on the truck. I called her today after I set up the SCT and told how FN fast the truck was and her reply was "what should I get for lunch". It's either the truck, trailer, Rhino, buggy project ot guns. I guess she just wants to cuddle sometimes.....
Just the newb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.