The first big purchase for my truck.. What do you think? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 07:23 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking The first big purchase for my truck.. What do you think?

I been station here in Iraq for a while saving some money to upgrade my truck. I have research a lot in the internet and magazines and I came up with this list which I think is a good start...

Programmer
Banks Power Six-Gun Diesel Tuner w/ iQ-Dashboard PC or SCT Touch Screen Xtreme 8900 with custom tunes from Innovative Diesel

Exhuast
MBRP Black Series Performance 5" Exhaust System S6224BLK

Intake/Cooling
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System with Pro-GUARD 7 Type Si 75-80392
Banks Power Techni-Cooler Intercooler system

Extras
BD-Power EGR Cooler Delete Kit
PureFlow Technologies AirDog II Air/Fuel Separation System Demand Flow with 130/75gph w/Adj Reg - 45 to 75 PSI

Everything is going to run me around $4500.. Any help and info will be appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 AM
one day at a time

Sounds like a good list. The only thing I would suggest is forget the banks 6 gun programmer and stick with the SCT with custom tunes. Best thing going for the 6.0L period. Banks has great marketing and big magazine ads, but not so good on the tuning side. There hard parts are great though even if a little pricey. I have a technicooler on my truck as well. It's a great I/C package for the money.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your list looks good, and I agree about the Banks six gun. SCT is the way to go until Spartan releases a tuner for the 6.0. The good thing about it is, if you have the time, you can install all this yourself and save a ton of cash. I did the air dog myself and found it easier to pull the bed. While I had it off I did the harpoon mod to the vent lines in the tank. Now it will eat a $100 bill at the pump and ask for seconds.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:17 AM

I was leaning more toward the SCT,,, You dont read a lot about the six gun in any forum, they all go for SCT.. Any news on when spartan coming out with the 6.0 tunes????

Anyone knows a good store to find this items?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 AM

Innovative diesel has the AirDog kit on sale right now. I got my EGR delete kit from RCD. They have a bunch of them on Ebay listed at different prices. I found the complete kit for $199 from them there. You can get your SCT for Innovative also. Shop around for your exhaust.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
I would stick with SCT for now because it is a tried and trusted tuner for the 6.0 I wouldnt try the spartan right away.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerRican View Post
I been station here in Iraq for a while saving some money to upgrade my truck. I have research a lot in the internet and magazines and I came up with this list which I think is a good start...

Programmer
Banks Power Six-Gun Diesel Tuner w/ iQ-Dashboard PC or SCT Touch Screen Xtreme 8900 with custom tunes from Innovative Diesel

Exhuast
MBRP Black Series Performance 5" Exhaust System S6224BLK

Intake/Cooling
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System with Pro-GUARD 7 Type Si 75-80392
Banks Power Techni-Cooler Intercooler system

Extras
BD-Power EGR Cooler Delete Kit
PureFlow Technologies AirDog II Air/Fuel Separation System Demand Flow with 130/75gph w/Adj Reg - 45 to 75 PSI

Everything is going to run me around $4500.. Any help and info will be appreciated...
I'd got with an SCT (not touch screen anything, lots of folks are having issues), a DashDAQ, and analogs for EGT and fuel pressure in case someone steals your digital monitor (ask me how I know).

X2 on the River City EGR kit off ebay. Fits nice, priced nice.

AirDog II might be a little overkill at this time, but if you're going bigger in the future, then why not. I know how the deployed bankroll goes!! (see my mods in red, plus the tru-trac and e-locker)

I'm a huge fan of FICM tuning by PHP. Best $125 I've spent.

If you're dropping that much $$, the aux tranny and coolant filters are nice to have for not a whole lot more. Definitely the coolan filter.

If you go custom tunes, make sure you let the folks know what mods you are doing.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:00 AM

SCT tuner in order with customs tune from innovative diesel. I just need to get out of here so I can put it in my truck
Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 AM

EOD guy... Thank you for you support!!! And I hope is always initial success no failure... I seen what failure can do.. no so good
Old 08-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
SCT tuner in order with customs tune from innovative diesel. I just need to get out of here so I can put it in my truck
I feel the pain, man. We were supposed to rip out this week, and it's not happening. MAYBE next week.

Quote:
EOD guy... Thank you for you support!!! And I hope is always initial success no failure... I seen what failure can do.. no so good
Thanks. Unfortunately, this rotation has been at a "support base" in the gulf. Tried, but never got forward deployed. Ready to get home, rest up, and then get back to doin some REAL work. This sittin on the sidelines crap is for the birds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.