my day with the sct so far, not so fun. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
sct is the way to go!!!!!

(((((well i have been waiting and waiting and my new sct and exhaust got here today. i installed my sct to find out that my truck shifts terrible in every tune. it takes for ever to engage gears frompark to drive or to reverse. got on the phone with tech support turns out something they dont know what it is yet and cant be fixed until monday when the engineers get in. so yeah thats how my day turned out after bouncing off the walls waiting. but im getting ready to get some dinner then start the turbo back exhaust. hopefully that turns out better than the sct. well thats the update on the sct. pictures and videos of install and results to come if my problem gets resolved. but if my shifting deal dont turn out i guess i will have to send the sct back )))))))))

EDITED and changed title

i got everything working. sct is awesome, now my tranny shifts perfect. i think even better than before

Last edited by travisH3; 08-22-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Lt. Negativity

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Canned tunes or custom ? As for the trans, its gonna shift bad in the beginning how much did you drive ? the trans has to relearn itself cause of the adjustments. Drive it through the gears let it relearn if that doesnt help then maybe its in the tune.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 PM

canned tunes. my custom tunes arent here yet. but i drove prolly 3 miles on street then prolly 2 on performance. but i didnt want to break anything so i drove back home
Old 08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
shaking things up

you getting custom tunes soon? and in your sig pic is that ratchet strap the only thing holding your skid steer down
Old 08-20-2010, 03:43 PM

I would try driving a little longer with it.. dont get on it tho just drive normal. If it really is that terrible theres something wrong.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Lt. Negativity

3 miles aint going to do it. If you actually follow the Ford Transmission Relearn process, its stupid cause the only way you can do it is on a track, it has you run it up 1-2-3 back down to stop, like 4 or 5 times and hold it at speeds of 35 to 40, then 3-5 a couple times and hold speeds at 50 its a pain just to do that process, best bet is to drive it smoothly and easy try going thru the low gears first and then upper gears afterwards.

TorqShift Harsh/Slipping Engagements, Upshifts, and/or Downshifts:

If these symptoms are experienced after the batteries have been disconnected, then it is due to the transmission adaptive strategy being cleared from the computer. This may occur when the vehicle is delivered new from the factory as well.

1. Warm the engine and transmission to operating temperature with all accessories off.
2. Idle engine for one minute with engine warm and all accessories off.
3. Idle engine for one minute with A/C on.

Then:
1. While driving, perform three series of upshifts at light, medium and heavy throttle.
2. While stopped, perform three sets of gear engagements (N-R, N-D, D-R, R-D) with the brake pedal firmly depressed and waiting three seconds between each engagement.

Perform these steps once in normal mode and once in tow/haul.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:18 PM

yes one strap lol. we usually dont strap down but we were going further than usual so i strapped it down,

and i will give that a try tomorrow morning.

NOW i am having problems getting the 4 inch down pipe in
Old 08-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
yes one strap lol. we usually dont strap down but we were going further than usual so i strapped it down
lol?? You're kidding right? I don't find your humor funny. Not cool, so not cool.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
yes one strap lol. we usually dont strap down but we were going further than usual so i strapped it down,

and i will give that a try tomorrow morning.

NOW i am having problems getting the 4 inch down pipe in
If that thing wanted to go....the strap would do absolutely nothing. you need a chain and boomer. Or if you're not going far, just get a safety chain and wrap around the front of the trailer. I have hauled stuff before and not tied it too, but you never know what could happen. Sorry for the hijack
Old 08-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Well all of our work is usually really close like right down the road. No highway involved. But on the highway we would chain from the back of the bobcat to trailer then the strap. But we aren't stupid or we wouldn't have the nice equipment and trucks that we do have.

I need help with my downpipe. Any tips. I messed with it for prolly half hour and it seems like it's impossible with that flange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.