6.0 Emissions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Emissions

Anyone have experience going through state emissions with a 6.0? I am trying to figure out what way I want to go with on my exhaust. Do any of the kits have the option to remove your cat and then add it back at a later time (to pass emissions) and then remove it again? I am hoping some of you have experience with this.

This is the only performance mod I am going to do until I have the money to do the head stud mod. At which time I will get an SCT tuner. I also plan on getting the Edge Insight to monitor everything.

Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yes you can get exhaust kits that have a cat delete pipe. Basically a flange on both sides of the exhaust that you can bolt the cat back on if you needed to get it smogged..no biggie

Check out MBRP..they make good exhaust systems
Old 08-20-2010, 04:05 AM

Just about any aftermarket exhaust should have an option for a cat delete pipe. That would be what you would want. I dont remember which vendor it is but you can even get a cat delete pipe for the stock exhaust. A quick google search should point you in the right direction.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:35 PM

You can buy the MBRP or whatever exhuast you choose to go with as a straight pipe or NO KITTY but has the muffler, go to your exhaust shop and have them cut out the area of where the CAT would go and put flanges on both ends of the exhaust tubing and both ends of the cat. That way you can bolt and unbolt when you need to. Or find a SMOG shop that takes lil hints of green in the pocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.