SCT Question???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Question????

I have an 05 king ranch. I just installed a s&b intake, 5 inch exhaust with flow through muffler (identical to mbrp exhaust), sct programmer and gauges. I know a lot of people like to turn up their noses to blowing smoke, but I actually like some smoke. I have a buddy with a sct and he blows tons of smoke. With mine set on the street setting (120hp) I get absolutely no smoke! Is there something wrong with my truck? Most fords I have ever seen with programmers blow smoke, but mine blows absolutely nothing! I have great performance gains, but wonder what it takes to get smoke. Not looking for remarks knocking down smoke, just people who can tell me if there is something wrong or if this is normal with the sct. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get u some custom tunes. i would look at innovative diesel's tunes, its what i have. the extreme street tune will give u more than enough smoke.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to troid123
do you have custom tunes?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No I dont have any custom tunes. Just bought the sf3 preloaded. How do I get custom tunes? What do they cost? How do I get them on my box? Will that solve the no smoke problem???? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogman99 View Post
No I dont have any custom tunes. Just bought the sf3 preloaded. How do I get custom tunes? What do they cost? How do I get them on my box? Will that solve the no smoke problem???? Sorry for all the questions!
innovativediesel.com, about 80 bucks for the extreme tunes, u download the software from the sct site, and yes it will smoke like a freight train.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im stock everything else. Is this gonna cause tranny problems getting an extreme street tune? Any other problems to worry bout?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Im stock everything else. Is this gonna cause tranny problems getting an extreme street tune? Any other problems to worry bout?
Do some research on custom tunes. You need to have gauges first when running any tuner. Also I would invest in 4" exhaust. No need for CAI unless you absolutely wanti it. With any tuner you run the risk of messing things up such as blowing the headstuds, tranny issues, etc.. You can find alot more information using the search function.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ive got gauges and 5 inch exhaust. I dont run the **** outta my truck, so I shouldnt have problems if I'm smart (i hope). I tow 10,000 lbs of cattle every weekend, so I normally turn my tuner back to tow setting. Other than that I seem to get better mileage running it on the street setting during the week. I'll do some research. I think I might go with innovative, but we will have to see. Thanks for the help..
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Ive got gauges and 5 inch exhaust. I dont run the **** outta my truck, so I shouldnt have problems if I'm smart (i hope). I tow 10,000 lbs of cattle every weekend, so I normally turn my tuner back to tow setting. Other than that I seem to get better mileage running it on the street setting during the week. I'll do some research. I think I might go with innovative, but we will have to see. Thanks for the help..
u'll be fine, but just remember you gotta pay to play. oh and ur gonna be amazed at how much more power custom tunes have over canned tunes.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 PM

sounds like you are on the right track...good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.