Labonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 02:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Labonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection

Ok so I just got the S-4 water/meth injection system from Labonte Motorsports. Cant wait to get it installed on my 6.0. Ill try to take lots of pictures and maybe do a write up. Idk i havent ever done a write up but ill try. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. To be continued........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 06:16 PM

Mounting Locations?

ok so I havent made it very far. Was wanting some feedback on mounting locations of the 6 gallon tank and dash display. Also posted what comes in the kit.
Labonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection-pic-0015.jpg Labonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection-pic-0017.jpg Labonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection-pic-0019.jpg

Last edited by alphamale3; 08-16-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd try and mount the tank under your tool box if possible, and looks like you'd have to mod the fill top to accomodate for the space. As for the monitor that looks good right next to the Bully Dog
Old 08-17-2010, 07:07 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Subscribed! I have been kicking around the idea of adding one of these kits. This looks like a nice kit, mind if I ask what it cost?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:40 AM

Under the tool box huh? How come i didnt think of that? Im gonna look into that. Have to drill a hole in my box tho..... guess that wouldnt be to bad.. and as for the kit, if you get from Labonte Motorsports its 795, I went with BBdieselperformance.com Call them up and talk to Bryce, should be 730 with free shipping to lower 48.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickerthanu View Post
I'd try and mount the tank under your tool box if possible, and looks like you'd have to mod the fill top to accomodate for the space. As for the monitor that looks good right next to the Bully Dog
That is what I was thinking. I would drill a hole in the bottom of the box and fill it from inside. OR you could move the toolbox towards the back of the truck just enough for it to fit. Just think that could give you room to do stack(s) if you wanted them.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:10 PM

dont run too much meth. your pistons will thank you. definatly no more then 50%, preferably no more then 30% to be safe
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
dont run too much meth. your pistons will thank you. definatly no more then 50%, preferably no more then 30% to be safe
I dont plan on running anymore than 30.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Okay so finally finished.... well almost i still have to hook up the idc wire so i can get more accurate injection based off of fueling. I have it running off of egt as off now. So here is the suggested mounting option from quickerthanu. Turned out pretty good i think. Glad i decided to take his advice. I just cut out a 3.5 in. hole in my tool box and 1 inch hole in the truck bed, directly below it and freakin boom!!!!, turned out nice just keep in mind if you mount on the bottom of the tank the nipple will hang past the bottom of the tank, which is the reason for drilling a big *** hole so it would sit flush on my truck bed.
.Labonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection-pic-0040.jpgLabonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection-pic-0033.jpgLabonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection-pic-0027.jpg

Last edited by alphamale3; 08-18-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 PM

ok so next i mounted the pump on the d/s frame. In between the front and back doors on my crew cab. Labonte Motorsports New ss4 Water/Meth Injection-pic-0039.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.