Snow Performance Water/Meth Inj is it worth the money and does it help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Snow Performance Water/Meth Inj is it worth the money and does it help

I have been looking into snow performance water met inj and the max mpg kit, it sayd it adds around 60 hp and 2-3 mpg and also lowers egt's. I have looked everywhere and it seems it cost around a grand for the full setup, anyone running this and is there a major difference with the kit installed? I currently have intake and straight exhaust, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

im with OP on this. does it require tuning?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dont think it requires tuning, but also dont think it could hurt to have it factored in. Also it makes for a cleaner burn of the fuel to my knowledge (hence better milage ) I think people use mainly windshield wiper fluid which is roughly 60 % h20 and 40% meth. but along with everything else, Only good in moderation, too much will toast your engine.

I think that Devils own, is actually a cheaper kit and people also have DIY'd their own as well. Just do some searching on this forum.

And, I do plan on getting a kit as soon as I get some Ching together.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Do you mind if I ask why you would want this? Usually guys buy this if they are pushing more fuel and have a bigger turbo. Mileage increase isn't much of a reason to buy it, nor does it increase it considerably. It lowers your EGT's, but unless you're looking to get higher HP numbers, I wouldn't start off with buying this. Just my .02

Last edited by mcflan; 08-03-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Tunning is not required. But this is a supporting mod, it allows you to run more boost, and more timing because it cools the the intake air temps down so much. Cooler intake air temps also cool down the egt

Benefits Include:

* Increase horsepower safely by 10-15%.
* Lower air temperatures by 50-200+ degrees.
* Decrease cylinder temperatures up to 300 degrees.
* Reduce the effects of heat soak in warmer climates.
* Allows you to safely run more boost and timing.
* Reduces carbon and helps maintain a clean combustion chamber.
* Increases octane at user programmable boost levels.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:26 PM

what about running strieght water just to lower your egt's without creating HP? i am already tuned with a 4" exhaust and a few other mods. i just want to lower my egts while on my tunes without creating a bunch of power or else i would have to get different injectors and possibly a bigger turbo.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Im pretty sure you can do that as well. Straight h20
Old 08-04-2010, 04:58 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
from everything I have seen with water meth, it seems to be more problems then whats it worth.

Scored cylinder walls??
Old 08-04-2010, 08:13 AM

thanks guys for the info, i have looked and searched and researched this particular model and brand, snow performance seems to be a nice setup, i do want a little extra HP but not trying to run a race, i am currently waiting on an SCT tuner to come in and then i wanna buy this to lower EGT and for the mpg, says its proven to get 2-3 extra mpg and lower egts and around 50-75 extra horses, how could it hurt anything??
Old 08-05-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
from everything I have seen with water meth, it seems to be more problems then whats it worth.

Scored cylinder walls??
I have not seen or heard of this being in relationship to water injection. With ever mod thats out there people tend to just point fingers. "i put new injectors in my car and 2 weeks latter i threw a rod, must been the injectors"

If someone is injectiong excessivly to much methanol you can get cylinder wash. That would cause the cylinder wear. Diesel tend not to run straight methanol. I only recomend a 15-25% mix of methanol. It only take alittle in the mix and with the proper nozzle sizes 200-300 deg drop in egt.

If it was an issues you would see more people with it. This product does tend to lead people into the if alttle is good more is better issue. This is why i perferr people to use common sense with nozzle sizing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.