Best EGR delete kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best EGR delete kit

Alright another one for everyone. Who makes the best egr delete kit? There is so many choices I am not sure what to go with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Premium Member

I hear alot of people like sinister. I havent done mine yet. But when I do, thats the one I'm considering. I'm also considering a bulletproof cooler, just in case I have to pass emissions where I live. Right now just blocked off with freeze plug and valve welded shut.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
there is low end and high end, low end varies from simple caps and plugs, to a little more..... i definatly will be buying a high end kit when i do.... im down to either FCDP most likely, but i also keep an eye on GOGO diesels kit, but i dont think anyone on here runs that one, im waiting for a review..... either way i will be getting a kit that allows the sensor to be plugged back into the cooler, because a few guys posted there truck goes into "limp" mode without the sensor plugged in....even though the systems disabled, i know...crazy.... anyway plenty others had no issues either way.... thats all i know, have not heard any compllaints on the FCDP system
Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The "Best" is really hard to answer without knowing your specific needs. Without a doubt the Gogo Diesel modified intake is the top of the line. Right under that is FCDP. Both of those are permanent solutions with no way to reverse other than getting a new stock manifold. They are great kits but if you have to go through an emissions test in a year or two it is a manifold replacement to pass. A kit like Sinister is next and the Sinister kit is a well made kit. It is reversible just by taking it out and re-installing the egr stuff. The cheapest way is to weld plugs in the up pipe and egr cooler. To reverse it requires you to buy new egr cooler and up-pipe.

Which solution is "best" depends on your needs.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 PM

Well unless I end up moving I wont have to do emissions. So based on that what should I do? I want the most efficient one I guess. One that when I put in I wont have to worry anymore. Does it really matter? I dont see why it would. Once again what about RCD since it is so close to me?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
biggest difference between the cheap and expensive kits is the up pipe brother... the cheap kits with plugs dont address, the expensive kits come with a new up pipe... if you dont replace that, you still have the stock up pipe that is trying to divert nearly 30% of the airflow out of the mainstream witch takes away power and efficiency, without replacing the up pipe you will get no power increase just benefits of longevity... i want the whole deal thats why i will go with high end kit...... they all work... do a search.. if your RCD kit is close, get that, let us know how it goes..... the RCD does not include Up pipe i dont believe..... i dont have to worry about emissions test so that is not a factor for me...
Old 08-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Sinister kit comes with a 304 stainless up pipe. It is similar to the RCD kit but i think the Sinister gets the nod between the two. A Sinister kit can be had for around $275 so it's a good value for your money.

FCDP's kit welds up the EGR holes in the manifold and he has them cleaned inside and out and then powder coats the intake. It also comes with an up pipe. It is a very nice piece too at about twice the cost of the Sinister. Plus there is an added core charge until you send back your stock intake and up pipe.

You have to decide what best fits your needs and budget. Both get the job done. From a performance standpoint there is no difference.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM

So I need the Sinister kit correct? That will be the most reliable and I will actually get a power gain?

Basically the cheapest ket that is the most reliable.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:20 PM

Really just dont want to deal with the core and all, or spend to much money. I dont have emissions.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I really like my GoGo delete. I'm not going to lie and say it had a noticable difference but look inside any intake manifold and tell me how clogged up it looks then compare it to a clean one. I guess for me it's just piece of mind knowing that the air can flow through the intake and not get "caught up" on some thing that is baked onto the side of it.

And having to deal with the core, it's really not that big of a deal. Just put your old intake in the box, the new one came in, and hit up UPS. You'll get your core charge back pretty much right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.