Taking the plunge - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Taking the plunge

My 04 6.0 has almost 90,000 miles on it, it's out of warranty range, have a 3 position programmer, K&N air filter,upgraded muffler, everything else is stock. I haul a 12,000 Lb 5th wheel up the mountains of arizona...Has never left me stranded, no egr cooler issues...YET...I just purchased an edge juice programmer with monitor that shows EGT"s, boost pressure etc....ARP stud kit....diamond eye turbo back 4" aluminized exhaust system...i am going to block off egr cooler and exhaust ports and leave it looking stock and reversable in case emissions inspections get more intense. Should be a fun way to spend a weekend in 105 degree temps....i will attempt to document the adventure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Lt. Negativity

Better watch the edge with your tranny. Also are you stacking chips ? or just using the edge as a gauge ? If your gonna stack just from reading says you have a 3 position chip ???? curious to what that is and your adding a edge your asking for trouble. If you really want to keep your egr cooler then upgrade it to a bullet proof design.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thumbs up

I plan on replacing my current programmer with the edge..this will get me the use of the gauges and i will try to play with the programming of the edge to solve some towing issues that i have had with my 6.0 since it was new. not planning on removing the egr cooler, i will take out the oil cooler and clean it up and replace if necessary..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.