4.4% of 6.0L Diablo users - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4.4% of 6.0L Diablo users

I have a question to the 4.4% of people using the Diablo Predator. How do you like this tool? The reseason why I'm asking is I have one of these programmers and want to know your experience using them. Everything that I read is that they do not work and cause problems. Do they really have all the problems that every forum say they do. Would like to hear from people using them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is probably not what you are looking for but I have never personally used one. But my buddy at work put one on his 2004 F350 right after he drove it off the lot. At 10,000 km he melted a piston. No way to prove that the predator caused it though.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
I know someone who blew 2 motors using one of those. Moron didnt learn the first time.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 PM

well on 40s i can murder my buddies truck on 33s both 6.0 pickups mine gear head tunes his diablo
Old 07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
one day at a time

Granny used to run a predator. If I remember it right she blames it for trashing her tranny. This was way back when she actually had a stock motor...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Granny used to run a predator. If I remember it right she blames it for trashing her tranny. This was way back when she actually had a stock motor...
Tranny, and headgaskets.

The diablo predator has another nickname.

The pukator
Old 07-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

4.4%

Thanks for the in put, but I have already read those statements about Diablo tuners, a friend of a friend or my friend. I know that the SCT is the one to use, but what I'm trying to get too is the people who have used them or are using them. The poll stated that there were 4.7% of truck owers using is tuner. I don't want to pay $450.00 for SCT when I have a tuner and if it works for the 4.7% why not. Everything I read on these forums it states that if you check your EGT, ECT, EOT, and Boost you should be ok. I have also read that you should do this with SCT as well. I have a questions, couldn't any tuner cause problems with your truck if abused?
Old 07-31-2010, 08:12 AM
one day at a time

If abused, yes...

Sounds like you've got your mind made up. If you treat it right you most likely won't have any issues. If you like to play, be prepared (like with any performance tuner). All we're saying is the SCT is safer for your truck than the predator. If you're looking for someone to justify the choice it seems you've already made, you probably won't have much luck.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
If abused, yes...

Sounds like you've got your mind made up. If you treat it right you most likely won't have any issues. If you like to play, be prepared (like with any performance tuner). All we're saying is the SCT is safer for your truck than the predator. If you're looking for someone to justify the choice it seems you've already made, you probably won't have much luck.
well put... I can see the future now new thread...HELP PUKING COOLANT WHATS WRONG????
Old 07-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm far from my mind being made up, thanks. Until I hear from someone who has ran the Preda-puke maybe then I can make a choice. Just a bit of info my truck had gaskets replaced in a stock tune. I'm just trying to see other points of views. I know where you guys stand and thanks. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but would like to know how the other 4.7% are doing with Diablo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.