Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Carling Technologies Rocker Switch Help and questions

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  djanzen 
#1 · (Edited)
So I order my F650 Dash the other day. and im looking to install some nice clean looking Rocker Switches.

I have been doing some searching and found Carling Technologies Rocker switches to be the clean and nice looking switching and style switch im looking for.

My thing is there is very little information on them.

Im looking for some information, photos, wiring diagrams on these switches. im reading there are like 8 terminals on the back of them, question with that is what are they all for??

heres a link to the site that has the switches
OTRATTW

thank you in advanced

Jason

#3 ·
the larger block style switches

#5 · (Edited)
It all depends on which switch your using, and what it will be controlling.

For example, one switch from the website, for fog lights (sure youll be using) has two seperatly controlled lights, one little led to let you know its on, and then another "big light", that says fog lights to show you where the switch is. As stated on the website, the "big light" is independently controlled, so you can wire it to your dash lights (convienient, eh?). So, you will have power terminals for the "big light", and terminals for your switching power. the little led should be included in the switching terminals as it is on when the switch is. Most of the switches i can see on the site are like this. I hope this helps.

#6 ·
yeah pretty much helps. ive done a litttle more research and found some other info on the switches.

im gonna be using one switch to be able to turn on my aux reverse flood light and one switch for my high idle mod. right now thats all im putting in. until i get airbags and other funs stuff. haha.

#7 ·
Awesome, always wanted to do this mod, I just don't have enough switches at the moment. Should look good, let's see some pics when it's finished! Just don't forget to hook up the "big light" to your dash lights (assuming that's the look your after)

#8 · (Edited)
yeah ill try. i may not be really getting around to it right away, just more or less getting everything i need.

i wanna redo my gauges, i have glowshift and dont like them, so i may just get the dash in and switchs just for the time being to make sure everything fits. and once i get the new gauges and have eveythign hooked up (gonna be running 2 gauges in the f650 dash, but they need to match the apillar gauges.) ill keep pictures posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.