Looking to repalce shocks with new FOX shocks any help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking to repalce shocks with new FOX shocks any help?

I currently have a 4" RCD lift with blistein 5100 series shocks now on the truck. I bought the truck that way and not sure how long they have been on and the truck is an 05. I am looking into the FOX resevoir shocks and cant find a thread that gives good info on using the 2.0, 2.5 or the 3.0 style shocks. Any help would be great. Not doing any serious off roading but want a good solid shock with decent road ride as well.
Thanks.

RCD 4.5" lift with Airlift system, 4" MBRP turbo back minus KITTY & MUFFLER, AFE Stage II Pro Gaurd 7 intake, SCT X3 with Custom tunes, EDGE CTS for gagues with Pyro Probe, ARP studs, BPD Egr, Updated FORD oil cooler, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, AirDog II, 6.4 Banjo's, Upgraded BLUE fuel pressure spring, autometer in cab fuel pressure gaugs, Mag Hytec rear Diff cover, Full HID Xeon lights with HID Foggs, Recon LED tail and 3rd break lights all on 35X12.5R20's Toyo M/T's, XD Misfit rims.
post #2 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you want some sick T shirts buy Fox Bro, my wife gets great tanks and short shorts and and they look great..... they produce shocks on the side, sure... not going to run them on my rig....

Call KING SHOCKS... they are in your backyard, they make there own springs in house,(fox uses Eibach---street racing springs)... they are not in the business, they are the business.... you can't order from them direct, call Marty at Truck Toyz 888-Protoyz and they can place your order and drop ship to you.... Marty has build superdutys for years and will get your valving right on for your truck......... PM if you got any questions, ive got a lot of experiance in this area... my trucks currently on stands getting a true long travel setup made.......

06-King/Deavers/37s/AF 22x12s/4:56/F/R Detroits/Road Armors/Warn12k/155/30s, MTW S1Billet/GoGo Manifold/Banks IC/NADP Heavy Hauler Trans/ORU Hydro-Steer/PHP tow Tune/BPD HD oil cooler/Oil & Coolant bypass/AMP steps/TransferFlow tank-toolbox

post #3 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
my trucks currently on stands getting a true long travel setup made.......

Tell us more on what you are doing. Inquiring minds want to know!!! What are you doing to the front and rear???

2006 F-250 CC SB w/some mods!!! Sold and missed!!!
2006 Yamaha Rhino - SEMA Award Winner
2005 Honda CRF450x
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT (for Wife)
2004 & 2005 Yamaha PW50
post #4 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Going thru making sure everything is long enough to droop out.... then trying to accommodate the longest shocks/coils i can by raising the upper mounts as far as possible

06-King/Deavers/37s/AF 22x12s/4:56/F/R Detroits/Road Armors/Warn12k/155/30s, MTW S1Billet/GoGo Manifold/Banks IC/NADP Heavy Hauler Trans/ORU Hydro-Steer/PHP tow Tune/BPD HD oil cooler/Oil & Coolant bypass/AMP steps/TransferFlow tank-toolbox

Last edited by jetjock15; 07-29-2010 at 12:25 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 09:55 PM

What are the specs for the coilover shock and spring? I have 3.0x10 Coilover shocks with 375x24x350 springs on the front. When I spoke with King, they said that the 350# spring rate should be perfect for my F250 and would not recommend going lighter. I did inquire about going dual rate but they said that for a 24" spring they don't have anything that would work to do a dual rate set up. Please post up pictures when you have them installed.

2006 F-250 CC SB w/some mods!!! Sold and missed!!!
2006 Yamaha Rhino - SEMA Award Winner
2005 Honda CRF450x
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT (for Wife)
2004 & 2005 Yamaha PW50

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode