X street without studs? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
X street without studs?

just out of curiosity how safe an innovative X street tune is without studs or an EGR delete? im planning on both most likely next spring time, (can i turn the egr off in the tune and unplug it?) this year im getting all the body/system/interior items out of the way (plus last plowing season sucked so i dont want to drop 5k+ at once right now) truck has 70k on it now, baught it at 45k been tuned with just the street tune since 50k, fluids + filters all ways done with motorcraft stuff, truck has never had anything more then maintence done to it. just wondering if it would be safe to run an X street at the track or cruising around for a weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 PM

subscribed
Old 07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Ive been running Either X Street or SRL for 50k without studs or egr delete. No problems
Old 07-24-2010, 05:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to wildfingas
It really depends on how you treat it. If you are constantly rollin on 30 plus PSI then I dont think they will last but who knows. There are engines that can take and some just cant.

I have been running the SRL file WITH the EGR delete though and have had no issues. I would safely say that the EGR will probably blow the HG's before the tune will if its just for "cruising" around town and a few rips at the track.

If you do just the EGR delete that will resolve 90% percent of your chances for HG failure. You could save a mint by doing that now.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get some gauges so you can monitor your ECT & EOT and that'll go a long way to help you keep your truck safe. If you see the temp delta heading past 15* rebuild the oil cooler before you blow your EGR cooler. I ran my tunes for 35K before I studded and deleted the EGR from mine.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:18 PM

I didnt realize and EGR delete would help up to "90%" with HG failure. What about a bulletproof upgrade? I live in Cali, so I cant delete.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Been running X Street for at least 20 or 30K without EGR delete. Was making 29PSI, with just an intake and exhaust, no issues. Most mods in my sig, including EGR delete, were just done, and I haven't even driven the truck yet. Not until Sepetmber. Even with the new turbo, I'm not worried about stretching my studs.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Premium Member

I was running with no studs and no delete, got custom tuned extreme street and blew my heads off in less than a month. I ran WOT one time. So be careful. I got them repaired and haven't had a problem since running extreme race now.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metstroke06 View Post
I was running with no studs and no delete, got custom tuned extreme street and blew my heads off in less than a month. I ran WOT one time. So be careful. I got them repaired and haven't had a problem since running extreme race now.
Not to derail, but a quick ? How do you like the X-Race? What would you say is the main difference in terms of driving characteristics vs Xtreme-Street?

Last edited by Earl H; 07-25-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:52 AM

Not to be off topic. I ran extreme street and I liked it. Trans shifted hard though. Now I'm running gearhead's SRL+ tune and I love it. Shifts very smooth and is super quick. I'm studded and egr deleted also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.