Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bulletproof but is it tune proof?

798 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  purplehorn1977 
#1 ·
Just got back from the shop with blown headgaskets,..got a new HPOP, EGR Delete, and the ARP studs while it was broken down.. for those of you who have been through this... you all know that I am now broke.:doh:

I was running the Max fuel economy(90hp) tune from SCT when my gaskets blew..I had the banks monster exhaust, banks intake, lift, and oversized tires...other than that it was stock with just under 127,000...

Now I am running the stock tweaked (20hp) and I am having some Power remorse.. I did go from 12mpg to 16mpg after the shop running the tweaked... Was getting 14mpg with the fuel economy tune prior to gasket failure. Oh and I don't drive crazy..I baby the truck, unless I need the power for some reason.

My question is ...with the new gaskets, studs, HPOP and egr delete, is it safe to go back to the Max fuel economy tune...? I can't afford another trip to the shop.... I know there is always a certain amount of risk... But in your expert opinion..... is risk worth the reward.

#2 ·
i stayed with the extreme street and never changed a thing after all my work was done. i use it to tow also just have to keep an eye on the gauges. otherwise wouldnt worry about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.