Lookin to roll a little coal..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lookin to roll a little coal.....

Just picked up an 06 F350 6.0 for my company. Already did an intake, Ordering the MBRP 4" "Off road only" exhaust right now, should have it by the end of the week. now I have one thing left to do after the exhaust is on....I wunna make a some smoke so what do I do? programmer?
I dont want to mess with too much power from these controllers, since if the truck is down, i'm screwed and i'll have to drive a chevy gas junker around.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
get an sct from innovative diesel and you will be happy
Old 07-13-2010, 01:29 PM

my sct live wire is comin in and people say the stock tunes that come with them are pretty good for gettin some smoke out
Old 07-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Emergency Services

SCT is what most of the 6.0 boys run.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:40 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SCT with Custom Tunes will be better than canned tunes. The custom tunes are for your truck and when you contact the programmer they will design it according to whats needed and also protect your transmission. Custom designed for you....Good Luck and have fun....Steve
Old 07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
A good tune will give you some smoke but smoke is just unburnt fuel. We as a diesel community frown on people who want to just go around "smoking out people" cuz they can. You would be amazed what custom tunes, even a lower HP custom tune can do for your MPG and overall truck performance. The SCT not only tunes your motor but it also tunes your tranny. There is a right time and place for smoke, the dyno or the track.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

Why just at the track or the dyno, The government does not care what people are saying about diesel or who thinks what. In my opinion they have been and always will regulate to the max. It doesnt matter if granny down the street writes her state rep. He could give a ****. Here is the bottom line and I hope i change some of your minds. You carry a gun because you can and dont give a **** about what people say about it. You protect your land, kids and wife with all you have. You work hard and buy all the stuff that you have to have fun. But when it comes to blowing some smoke this is where you guys crumble? I dont get it. I love going buy the greenies and squeezing the loud pedal. They do it to me all the time by driving there crap bikes right in front of me doing 5 MPH in a 35. Your damn right I am going to roll a little coal in his face. Maybe its just me, but the government and all these crap special intrest groups have thrown their middle finger in the air at me one to many times. I'm not going to bend on this at all for them or anyone else. Could care less if it is stinky or get worse MPG. I fill my damn tank up and I fix the truck when its broke, so I say you want a smokey tune? You want to smack some ash in jack asses face as he clips his shoes into his pedal at a green light right infront of you,when there is a perfectly good side walk 5 feet over, by all means do it. Thats all for my soap box speach for now.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
ive been seeing this issue pop up a good bit.ive always owned a diesel,since 95,my dad bought 96,97,99,and a 2000.and every one was as modded as they could be back then...and they rolled coal.i bought my 95 two years ago,and the first thing i wanted was a exact replica of the old mans truck...i got it,and then some.i roll coal when i tow,and when i can just for fun...and i always will
Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Lt. Negativity

Rolling Coal on purpose ----- thats all im gonna say.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:24 PM

Wasted fuel if you ask me...but the best way is a smoke switch...search. A SCT is the next best way to get it. My canned SCT tunes on the livewire give a puff at full throttle then clear up...but I can break the tires loose if just coasting at 40mph then hammering on the throttle. Performance canned tune is pretty impressive, I just got a Looney tuned by Vivan so once I get off the farm we'll see what it can do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.