2005 f350 exhaust? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 f350 exhaust?

Alrite so i have a 05 diesel f350 i dont have any mods, and im looking to get a mbrp 4 inch straight pipe from turbo exhaust. Im just wondering if it will hurt my engine in any way im not going to tune my truck or anything i just wanna do the exhaust. and what will be the benefits of putting an exhaust on my truck? any info is appreciated Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM

It won't hurt anything. A larger exhaust will lower EGTs even on a stock truck, you will have a better exhaust tone, it will allow exhaust gases out quicker and allow the turbo to spool slightly faster. If money is available, I would do an intake as well to give you the most noticeable difference in performance and mileage.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 05charcoal6.0
The stock intake is good enough until 500hp. But its your truck your decision.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhoghp View Post
It won't hurt anything. A larger exhaust will lower EGTs even on a stock truck, you will have a better exhaust tone, it will allow exhaust gases out quicker and allow the turbo to spool slightly faster. If money is available, I would do an intake as well to give you the most noticeable difference in performance and mileage.
So an exhaust would help a little bit with better mpgs? and the reason im jus tryin to get my facts about the exhaust is cause my dad doesnt want me to do an exhaust cuz he thinks it will hurt the engine lol and i know its not gonna hurt the engine so im just trying to get all the facts right about an exhaust system
Old 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05charcoal6.0 View Post
The stock intake is good enough until 500hp. But its your truck your decision.
Ya thats what ive been hearing about intakes is they dont really do much until your doing some high horsepower
Old 07-13-2010, 03:38 PM

Yes, exhaust will help mpgs, nothing drastic, but 1 or 2 depending on how heavy your right foot is. Nope, exhaust won't hurt it at all. On gas engines, if you go too big on exhaust, they can be hard to start from lack of back-pressure. Diesel engines prefer as little back-pressure as possible. As for the intake, it will flow up to the 500HP range, but it is far from an optimal setup. Aftermarket intakes like the aFe and S&B kits filter better than stock too.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhoghp View Post
Yes, exhaust will help mpgs, nothing drastic, but 1 or 2 depending on how heavy your right foot is. Nope, exhaust won't hurt it at all. On gas engines, if you go too big on exhaust, they can be hard to start from lack of back-pressure. Diesel engines prefer as little back-pressure as possible. As for the intake, it will flow up to the 500HP range, but it is far from an optimal setup. Aftermarket intakes like the aFe and S&B kits filter better than stock too.
So ive been looking at the mbrp 4 inch straight pipe from turbo back exhaust, do you think that would be a good way to go. from what ive heard is that a 5 inch would be a bit to big for a stock truck
Old 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM

I would say 4in is plenty big for a mostly stock or even a mildly tuned truck. 5in would be good after you get to the point of upgrading hard parts like injectors and turbos, which you've stated to have no plans of. I personally love MBRP exhaust systems, very nice looking, sound amazing with and without mufflers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.