Exhaust/Programmer/Wheel Questions 06 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust/Programmer/Wheel Questions 06 6.0

I am looking at purchasing a 2006 F250 4x4 with the 6.0 Diesel. I have a few short questions. 1st, is there such thing as just a muffler delete for these trucks? I wanna get a little better flow out of the exhaust and dont have the $$ for a full system yet. 2nd, I am looking at the Edge Platinum w/Attitude, are these decent programmers for these trucks? I can get one brand new for $699 so it seems like a good buy if its safe/worth it. 3rd, does anyone know if 17'' wheels will fit these trucks? It has 18'' wheels on it right now and I am going to be doing a leveling kit with 35's and dont wanna spend an arm and leg on new tires for 18'' wheels. I would rather buy wheels and tires now and save me money long term and I also like the look of 17's better than any other wheel size. Any info you guys have feel free to chime in. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yes you can definitely get a muffler delete! I recommend running a 4" MBRP Turbo Back with a Cat/Muffler delete! Adam at FCDP can hook you up with one for $260 shipped!

As for the Edge Platinum... Heck to the NO! Grab yourself an SCT with custom tunes from Innovative, Gearhead, Quick Tricks, or any of the vendors here! They usually run about $400-$500 brand new with 3 custom tunes. The reason why it is so much better is that it is actually custom to your truck. And it tunes the transmission as well, which the Edge does not.

You are also gonna need gauges for running an SCT, I recommend an Edge Insight or if you want analog, grab some ISSPRO, Autometer, or DiPricol gauges.

Yes 17" wheels will fit on your truck, but 16" will not.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Yes you can definitely get a muffler delete! I recommend running a 4" MBRP Turbo Back with a Cat/Muffler delete! Adam at FCDP can hook you up with one for $260 shipped!

As for the Edge Platinum... Heck to the NO! Grab yourself an SCT with custom tunes from Innovative, Gearhead, Quick Tricks, or any of the vendors here! They usually run about $400-$500 brand new with 3 custom tunes. The reason why it is so much better is that it is actually custom to your truck. And it tunes the transmission as well, which the Edge does not.

You are also gonna need gauges for running an SCT, I recommend an Edge Insight or if you want analog, grab some ISSPRO, Autometer, or DiPricol gauges.

Yes 17" wheels will fit on your truck, but 16" will not.
ummm what he said!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cool thanks guys! I am so glad 17's will fit!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are you 100% sure the 17" will fit? I thought the brakes were a little bigger on>'05 trucks, and needed the bigger wheels. ???
Old 07-09-2010, 02:16 PM

yes they will fit i have 2 06s and one 07 with 17'' rims
Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Blue View Post
Are you 100% sure the 17" will fit? I thought the brakes were a little bigger on>'05 trucks, and needed the bigger wheels. ???
The brakes are bigger on 05+ trucks (bigger than 99-04) You have to run at least a 17" rim. 16 or 16.5s will not fit without spacers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.