Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Head Stud Install Costs

63K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Rblprd 
#1 ·
OK, I am betting this has been hashed out, but since I am exceptional close to failing in to an ambian induced coma for the night:tard:, my search-fu turned in to Fail-Fu.:doh:

What is the average going price to stud these 6.0L beasts?:dunno:

Have had 2 wildly different numbers thrown at me
6500 from a shop no to far from here, and
2500 from a shop that is 4 hours from here.

Thanks in advance

trying to get as much datum together so I can figure out how far I want to beat a price down when I find a truck the way I want it.

John aka Rblprd :icon_ford:

#2 ·
2800 shop labor with no parts installed. So in other words buy your own parts give them to the shop and expct to pay just under 3000 for the entire bill. I would never pay more then that due to the fact that the estimate that I just gave you came from the dealership that I just had them done at. Good Luck. All dealerships should be right in the same ballpark on cost. If any more they are bending you over.

#3 ·
This is a little more than what you are doing but this is a well known shop. I wont post their name because this was a quote they did for me, but should be the same:

Here is a quote including parts and labor to correct the headgasket and other cooling system issues with the 6.0 powerstroke motor. These prices could fluctuate $100-200 either way

ARP Headstuds $450
Full EGR delete $450
Updated HPO fitting $ 40
Machine work on heads $ 350-400 (this includes cleaning, magnafluxing, pressure test, vacuum test, and surfacing)
Labor to install $1500
Gaskets and misc $650 (includes head gaskets, injector orings and coppers, intake, turbo and all other necessary)
Fluids $100 (includes oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering, and trans)

TOTAL $3550-3600

#5 ·
Not if you mean Houston lol

#6 ·
This whole stud and egr delete thing has me puzzled. My truck is high miles.... I have come to realize that. But it doesn't show any signs of needing either of these, so should I just wait till I see symptoms or be a premature ejaculator and just pull the trigger and get it done?

#7 ·
I am planning on the head studs and such when I have the money and find a trustworthy shop to do the work. likely will take a lot longer to get the money then find the shop.

Of course I am also planning on having a mild port job done as well when the studs go in, just to have to out of the way and not have to pay for another total cab-off and such

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.