Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CAI question

835 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2 stroker 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 F250 6.0L powerstroke and was thinking about putting on an Airaid cai. The only mod I currently have is a 3 1/2 straight pipe w/cat & muffler delete. Is adding the cai worth the $? Will I see any milage or HP difference? Thanks!

#2 ·
you may get an extra 1-2 mpg and you should see an increase in hp from 15-30 depending on what cai you go with.youll definitely have better throttle response and your engine will breathe better and add a little more sound to your exhaust.i think it is definitely worth the coin to do.just my .02

#4 ·
Jethro, as you can see in my sig, I have an 06 and I have the Airaid CAI. I like it, though I can't tell you how it compare to the stock intake, as it was on the truck when I bought it last year. I can't help but think that it has to help some. I say go for it! Don't think you will be disappointed.

#5 ·
The Airaid cai may be a good system but the stock donaldson air filter is one of the best and good to 500 HP and to get 500 you need a lot of other things. How long will it take to get your money back. This is just me so i will keep mine.
2 stroker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.