PLEASE!! help me decide - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation PLEASE!! help me decide

i just recently traded two of my pride n joys for am 05 f350 harley edition and by no means do i have any complaints! my frustration since entering the relm of the POWERSTROKE is not being able to decide on which intake, chip, and exhaust to go with and money plays apart in this also. heres my delimma and thoughts. im not planning on turning this power plant into a stump puller cause it is my daily driver so MPG's is a BIG +, but i wouldnt mind a lil more power cause i do pull a boat once or twice a week. as for the intake i see ALOT of people are running(and apparently liking) the AFE stage II. any nah sayers? or reccomendations? also i dont see alot of people high fiving the new EDGE cts, which i am liking the backup camera option!!! and the exhaust...im gonna pull the hair i dont have out! i LOVE the rumble and purrrrr of the 6.0 with straight stacks or just dualed straights, but not too sure on what exactly NC allows. the inspection stations cant give me a straight answer. the best ive got is if it came on the truck it needs to be there, but i havent heard anything that sounds to my likings other than straights!! what gives!! almost miss my v8 gas hog. also, whats up with the annoying jet engine whistle from the trucks that have straights? is that a POWERSTROKE signature? anyway, please help me in my decisions, cause im back n forth between the banks bundle or afe stage II, edge cts, and mbrp duals. thanks guys cant wait to get some good daily driving performance so i can jack the beast up 8 and put some 38" meats under her!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Air intake= Factory works until 500h.p. or so I've heard.
Programmer= SCT with custom tunes. Cant go wrong. I had edge and got SCT and couldnt believe the difference of custom tunes. Be sure to get a set of gauges as well.
Exhaust= MBRP is good. Its what I run with no complaints. I have mine with no cat or muffler and it sounds like a jet and I love it.

People will probably back me up on this...

Last edited by BIGGPIGG4x4; 05-06-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:53 PM

yeah im sure the factory would work but i know from previous toys that aftermarket really makes everything come together and alive. im not too sure if i wanna go extreme with custom tunes cause im not goin all out with this truck i just want reliable power & MPG for everyday driving and the occasional boat hauling. im thinking that im probly gonna go with the MBRP cause it seems to be the hottest thing goin for the diesel but i cant help but like the look of the banks exhaust. youtube videos dont help much either. lol i figure if i can and do go straight ill just buy the back end of the banks duals cause of the look. but im still waiting to hear what other feedback i get. thanks this is a great start. keep it coming guy!!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM

exhaust doesnt really matter that much tho. any 4 inch will work, mbrp is probably the best, and their stainless is pretty durable.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Another 6Slow

if your gonna do an intake do a S&B or AFE
Old 05-06-2010, 04:57 PM

oh and since thats only your second post
Old 05-06-2010, 05:01 PM

just for kicks n giggles does anyone know what the best/loudest dual exhaust setup would be if i did have to keep the cat? also i might sound stupid but like i said im new to the diesel world, but is the cat the DPF? if not whats the diff?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:03 PM

the DPF is only on 08+ trucks i believe and no they're not the same.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Don't waste your money on an intake. Been there, done that with no difference except a lighter wallet. SCT hands down, Magna Flow or MBRP in SS whichever you get the best deal on. Both are high quality and easy to install. I prefer the sound of 4inch. Get an egr delete and dump the egr cooler.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 PM

cool thats just one less thing that could restrict my sound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.