Another tunner question?!?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another tunner question?!?!

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to tunning diesels for performance and power. When I was growing up diesels were work trucks, end of story. Now there everywhere. I know you can get truck specific tunners but can you get a tunner for multiple trucks like I have in my fleet? I have an '00, an '02 7.3's, then I have an '04 6.0, these three are f-350 SD trucks with service beds on them loaded with air compressors and tools and such. The last is '04 f-250 cc 4x4 xlt (bosses truck) 6.0. I know the GM guys use EFI live for their tunning, and all they have to do is get a vin license for each additional truck they do. Is there someone that does that for the ford line-up? Or since I have two diff. engines will I still not be able to do it? I dont want to have to buy four diff. tunners if I can help it. Thanks for the help and info. Tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Serving Our Country!

look at PHP. I think they have services for fleets, or at least I saw it on thier site.

I have not ran any tunes on my truck yet, so I have no idea what to recommend. I think the best bet is to call some of the guys that tune trucks.

Here is the main guys that tune that I have seen here. PHP, TW (tony wildman) and DP. I am sure any of those guys will work with you if you are doing a fleet.

Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hey thanks for the info. I will look at them and see. Any other sugestions, when fuel goes back up this summer I'm gonna need some help staying on top of the budget.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkliftman View Post
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to tunning diesels for performance and power. When I was growing up diesels were work trucks, end of story. Now there everywhere. I know you can get truck specific tunners but can you get a tunner for multiple trucks like I have in my fleet? I have an '00, an '02 7.3's, then I have an '04 6.0, these three are f-350 SD trucks with service beds on them loaded with air compressors and tools and such. The last is '04 f-250 cc 4x4 xlt (bosses truck) 6.0. I know the GM guys use EFI live for their tunning, and all they have to do is get a vin license for each additional truck they do. Is there someone that does that for the ford line-up? Or since I have two diff. engines will I still not be able to do it? I dont want to have to buy four diff. tunners if I can help it. Thanks for the help and info. Tim
We can actually send you a programmer with which you'd be able to reflash all of your trucks at a cost far less than it would be to purchase four programmer or a combination of programmers and chips. Bill would work up calibrations for the 7.3s and 6.0s to fit your specific needs (did you also know that many insurance companies offer a discount if trucks have a speed limiter?). If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, feel free to send me an e-mail at sales@phptune.com, and I can discuss the price. Our office is closed for the remainder of the week while we head to KY to attend the TS event, but we'll be back on Monday. Our phone hours are listed on our website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne6335 View Post
look at PHP. I think they have services for fleets, or at least I saw it on thier site.

I have not ran any tunes on my truck yet, so I have no idea what to recommend. I think the best bet is to call some of the guys that tune trucks.

Here is the main guys that tune that I have seen here. PHP, TW (tony wildman) and DP. I am sure any of those guys will work with you if you are doing a fleet.

Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER!
Thank you so much for pointing us out!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Serving Our Country!

no problem. Still trying to figure out which chip I want to get, but it will be a while before I get one. Still need to get my guages. Maybe after all my training, I will get some guages and a chip. (if nothing else goes wrong with the truck)

When it is time, I will be calling the tuners to ask questions, but PHP has thier fourm to ask q's!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.