Anyone running Swamps Hot FICM or a DIY 58V FICM? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone running Swamps Hot FICM or a DIY 58V FICM?

Hi all,
Just wondering if there is anyone that is currently running a 58V FICM, be it from Swamps or a DIY job, does it throw a P0611 code for you?

I have a full stock FICM (no mod to power supply, and Ford flash), and a Full Modified FICM (58V diy mod, and PHP tune). I've been playing with both and swapping back and forth for a while.

When I got my tuner back and read codes, I relized I had the P0611 'FICM dying' code (no CEL on, but code pulled). After clearing it I decided to determine what caused the code. My full stock FICM does not trigger the code. I put in the modified FICM, and it throws the code.

So then I split the two FICMS, put the PHP tuned board on the 48V stock power supply, I get no code. I put the stock Ford tune board on the 58V modified power supply, I get a code. Then I pulled out the 58V mod from the power supply, and I get no code. So the code only appears when there is 58V on the FICM, and it has nothing to do w/ the strategy/tune on the FICM.

I assume the code is a result of the 58V falling outside of a range that the FICM is expecting (say 45V to 51V max as a guess), and the code is really meaningless in this case (high is OK, low is death for injectors). Just curious, if anyone has a Swamps moded FICM, and if you don't get a P0611 code, does that mean the FICM strategy is tweaked to expect the higher voltage and not throw a code?

I'll be running stock FICM again for a bit till I get an idea if the 58V and P0611 is a common occurrence for others and nothing to worry about.

thanks for any help!
Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Check on dieselgarage. There is a post on the Swamps FICM that'll take you all day to read. I suspect the answer is there or on of those guys will be able to answer for you.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks PGreen,

I've got a post over in that thread also.

So far, one other person (in the thread on Diesel garage) has indicated he had the code, but he had it both with and without the 58V mod (ie, his FICM was dying before he modded it).

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.