Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 Head Stud Replacement Duration

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  lightninmike 
#1 ·
How long does it take for a shop to remove the cab and install head studs on a 6.0? I've seen alot of posts which include a cost but I was wondering how many hours work it actually is.

#2 ·
One of the techs here just opened his own shop in MI, and said he could have them done in 2 days, barring any unforeseen problems, like cracked/ warped heads

#4 ·
One shop by me told me 2 1/2 days. He said he puts two techs on it and gets it out. But he was also almost double the cost of the other guy who told me a week to week and a half.

#6 ·
What about DIY or another DIY?

BigStrokinSid911 said "You could do it in 3 weekends. I started last Sunday worked on it for about 7 hours. Then Mon-Fri about 1-2 hours a day and sat about another 7 and sun just installing gauges. Having all the parts makes the process much smoother."

Just a thought...

#7 ·
Pretty sure its a 26 hr job at the dealer, only takes about 4 hrs to get the cab off, from there is a piece of cake..... sorta. If you have to send the heads out it will take longer of course

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.