Experts, what in the world is this box? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Experts, what in the world is this box?

I posted a thread in the general section here: Concerns with a truck my buddy is buying *PICS*

But, I think a different thread in this section would be better as far as it fitting the subject matter. I've got no idea what sort of performance adder type box this is. Wires come off of it and into the ICP sensor and into a harness, I've got no idea why. The truck has to have some sort of tune on it because it hauls. It's got stock HG's and stock bolts. I told him he probably should have it put back to stock at the dealer with the latest flash for reliability reason's for now. Any idea's what this box could possibly be? A few of us have googled every number and name on it to no avail.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 08:36 AM

Well I ran a few more google searches on ICP modules and think I found out what this box is. I am pretty sure it is a module from Dr. Performance that ties between the ICP and tricks the PCM to put more pressure to the injectors. I think this is pretty bad news and want to know how to get the thing out of there and back to stock ASAP. Maybe he can sell the thing on eBay or craiglist or something. the trans was acting a little weird and by doing a little searching I found one case of someone taking theirs off because the trans was acting weird. I'm woried about his HG's because this thing looks like it's been on there a while and the previous owner towed a big a$$ boat (maybe around 12k #'s) and I know that's gotta be hard on the HG's. Has anyone heard anything about these Dr. Performance modules? Thanks!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
From what I was told a while back, get rid of it. If you want it tuned and to haul get a SCT tuner from Eric at Innovative Diesel. That box will make the truck haul but does nothing for the trans. Eric can get you a tow, street, and a race tune for less than $500 or so. It's been a while since I got mine from him but he's good.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIT2WN View Post
From what I was told a while back, get rid of it. If you want it tuned and to haul get a SCT tuner from Eric at Innovative Diesel. That box will make the truck haul but does nothing for the trans. Eric can get you a tow, street, and a race tune for less than $500 or so. It's been a while since I got mine from him but he's good.
I agree. I'm also a bit worried about the trans, although it seems to shift good. I told him we'll drop the pan and replace the internal and toilet paper filter along with new fluid. Maybe even upgrade to the 08 style pan and filter. The PO towed a large boat with this module which concerns me a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.