upgraded fuel pressure spring - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
upgraded fuel pressure spring

Is anybody running the gillette diesel spring that replaces the stock fuel pressure spring in the pump housing. Its more durable and raise the fuel pressure in the rail. heres a link

http://http://www.gillettdiesel.com/gdsfuelspring.aspx

what do you guys think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 03:38 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think some are but most guys put a B.B. from a gun under the spring. its a cheap easy fix but if i remember right, some were reporting that their pump went out a little bit after doing it. i have mine done for a year now and no ill effects. but, i dont have a pressure gauge either.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've heard of no problems with the bb mod (as long as you use the correct size...not sure what that is but someone will chime in)...

Obviously this is not just a phenomenon that people are experiencing poor fuel pressure performance (less that 48psi during heavy throttle)...so Ford (or International) designed an upgraded spring (blue in color) that puts you in the 60-70psi range. The new kit is Ford PN# 3c3z-9t517-AG or Intl PN 1843065C95...runs about $73 bucks though. Get a fuel pressure guage so that you can monitor this important aspect of our HEUI Diesel motors.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so if i was to order the spring kit where exactly do they go in at the filter housing?
Old 05-02-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude24 View Post
so if i was to order the spring kit where exactly do they go in at the filter housing?
Check out the attchment excerpt from the tech manual....It lies beneath the fuel bowls fuel pressure regulator housing cover (the four dark colored screws you see in the top pic).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuel pressure test port.pdf (574.5 KB, 2784 views)
Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i went by the ford dealership and the 3c3z-9t517-ae has been changed to a 3c3z-9t517-ag the spring is now silver is the upgraded spring still that raises fuel pressure?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude24 View Post
i went by the ford dealership and the 3c3z-9t517-ae has been changed to a 3c3z-9t517-ag the spring is now silver is the upgraded spring still that raises fuel pressure?
the t517-AG is the fuel pressure regulator kit @ $73+ dollars...is this what you paid? The new spring should be Blue in color not Silver.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well its the kit it had the silver cap o ring and a silver spring. i can get this kit for 53 i get employee pricing.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 AM

will running that high of pressure hurt longevity of any components downstream? What pressure does the fuel pump put out?

Right now I am border line ready to replace the spring because my fuel pressure is around 49psi at full load and only 50 psi at idle.

I don't want to throw in a new spring and bump pressure up to 95 psi and blow something out in the long run, I was thinking more just buy the stocker from the factory because I am not running any tunes or anything.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scha0786 View Post
will running that high of pressure hurt longevity of any components downstream? What pressure does the fuel pump put out?

Right now I am border line ready to replace the spring because my fuel pressure is around 49psi at full load and only 50 psi at idle.

I don't want to throw in a new spring and bump pressure up to 95 psi and blow something out in the long run, I was thinking more just buy the stocker from the factory because I am not running any tunes or anything.
According to a couple of techs, you don't want to see it get lower than 48psi or over 70psi. Your's look fine...the spring should put you at 62-65psi...which is the higher, rather than lower end of the range you're in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fuel pressure spring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.