Got SCT but not custom tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 06:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got SCT but not custom tunes

Well, I finally got an SCT but I didn't get the custom tunes. I don't really need a ton of power, so the canned tunes should be fine for me right? Only problem is that my Edge insight won't read some of the vitals now. I may have a fix for this and if so, should I just keep the one with the canned tunes? It certainly has enough power for me on the mild tune and the tow tune. Since I don't have studs, I won't load the hot tune that comes with it. What's the real advantage of going with the custom tunes if I have a pretty stock motor? I've heard that the custom tunes only really help those out that have a lot of other aftermarket work on their trucks. Is there any problems with keeping the canned tunes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
usIng the canned tunes is just like using a banks, edge, diablo etc. The canned tunes are not specifie. For your truck, therefore no tranny tuning and what not. I used the canned tunes for a while on the hot tune and it ran fine, but once I got custom tunes I noticed the difference in the trans, power etc.

I don't have studs on my truck and I've been running performance tunes for upwards of 7,000 miles.
Do you have exhaust? Or straight piped stock?

As long as you don't run the piss out of your truck on the performance tunes you should be just fine
Old 04-29-2010, 07:20 PM

I only have a RBP 4" cat back exhaust. I know I'd probably like the custom tune but is there any harm, right now, running the canned tunes. I have 35" tires with stock 373 gears. What all info would innovative need from my truck to build the custom tunes?

Current truck strategy?
Tire size?
Non-studded?
Gear ratio?
Anything else or less than what I have here? Can the custom tunes be loaded to my canned tuner or do I have to buy a different tuner to get the custom tunes?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM

WHy did you buy a cat back? They will need all that you posted. What kind of sct did you get.

I'll put it this way, get the custom tune if you can. It will be beneficial for your trans. You don't have to go with innovative if the price is to high for ya there are many other tuners out there. I have innovative and I love the rune as do many other people do

I'm not saying that the canned tunes will burn up your trans right away but custom tunes are just overall better

doyou still have the cat?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 PM

Yeah, I still have the cat. I got the cat back because I knew that CA was going to start their smog crap with our trucks. Eventually, I'll get rid of the cat and get a full turbo back exhaust but for now, I've got to stick with it.

How long does it take to get the custom tunes built? I got the X3 but I head that there's ones that come with canned tunes and that you have to buy a seperate one if you want the custom tunes. I've only had it for about a week and I love it but I'm really kicking around the idea of the custom tunes. I just don't know if I have the time to get them built before I move to Ohio. Movers will be packing up my computer next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 PM

Dude. I will tell you this. I had Edge Juice Platinum w/ attitude. and Just got SCT x3 w/ custom tunes. Hands down. Believe the hype. Its totally worth it, and would never go back.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Ah ic. You cam still hold two custom tunes on yours I believe, I have three canned and one custom. Takes a couple days to get the tunes sometimes sooner sometimes later. Just tell the tuner that you need the asap because your moving. They will help you through the whole process
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 PM

Oh, I believe the hype! I guess I'm really just looking for some of you guys to push me over the edge to get the custom tunes, especially if it'll be safer for my truck. That's the main concern I have. I love the power with the canned tunes but if the custom tunes are safer for the truck/tranny....and I get better response/power....even better.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 PM

haha.. let me help you out.

Stock:
Edge:
SCT:

(PUSH)
Old 04-29-2010, 08:05 PM

Great vids. You cam totally hear the difference between the shifts between the edge and sct pretty cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.