Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

straight piping an 04 f-350

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  skirk55 
#1 ·
didnt find what i was wanting to know, so im just gonna ask. got a 04 f-350 (with a 03 motor) and i was wanting to know what it might hurt to do a cat back delete. ive heard these trucks straight piped and they sound amazing, but i dont wanna kill my truck by doing this. i dont really tow alot, other than my tractor every now and then and maybe my lil wheelers, nothing extremely heavy. would it really hurt anything to do this?

#2 ·
Not at all. Staightpipe it. You will love the turbo whistle:thumb:

#4 ·
Your truck wants to be straight piped, it's nothing but good for your truck. Don't do a cat back, do a turbo back

#13 ·
Not 100% sure but I do have a friend with an 06 6.0 and she has a 4inch straight pipe, and we raced from a dead stop today and off the line I killed her. Once she got goin, you couldnt even tell I was racing her..I have a stock 03 7.3 and hers is hopped up and runs a 13-14 sec quarter mile. So, not sure if thats because of the straight pipe or not.

#14 ·
Mine is straight piped with the OEM downpipe and 3 1/2" all the way back over the axle. EGR delete and OEM tune. On the first day I would describe the trucks performance off the line was the same as if you disconnect the VGT, but then it would throw your :moon: in the seat! I disconnected the batteries a couple more times and after a day or two for the truck to figure out what was going on, she absolutely ROMPS now. Interior noise is PERFECT. She does sound a bit like a hair drier at idle from the outside and theres a "burble" at about 2,400 rpm that isn't quite to my liking but a tune, 4" and a large stack should bring it around perfectly for my liking :thumb:

But for the ridiculusly cheap price of deleting the DPF and muffler, you cannot beat it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.