HELP!!!...EGR delete installed, but... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP!!!...EGR delete installed, but...

OK, EGR delete installed...BUT everything is not ok.

The truck runs AMAZING and the exhaust sounds great as does the turbo and since the truck was opened up I went ahead and drilled out the banjos to 3/16 as 1/4 seemed too much to me.

The problem...I am losing oil.

It's not burning oil, but its blowing it out the tail pipe. Again, it's NOT burning it, so it's not leaking into the intake side, but it's getting sucked in and blown out the exhaust side of the air system. After driving approximately 100 miles I lost 3.5qts to this problem. This problem did not exist prior to putting in the EGR delete.

Has anyone had similar issues after installing the EGR delete or has something else coincidentally gone wrong? Help asap...I don't really want to be dumping a gallon of oil in it every 100miles.

FYI...other mods, relevant or not,...Garrett Turbo, MBRP Straight exhaust, and Drilled Banjos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 04:21 AM

Seriously...nobody has any kind of suggestions or input?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
only place i can think of it coming from would be the turbo journal bearing. from there, leaking into the exhaust wheel, and out the pipe. no??
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

did you replace the orings on the turbo?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like drain tube blockage. Did you upgrade the drain tube?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I saw a guy once put 5w20 motor oil in his 6.0 by accident and it blew it out the tailpipe due to it being so thin of an oil, did you replace it with at least 5w40 ( assuming you changed your oil after doing the EGR delete ) ?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:55 AM

O-rings on drain tube were re-used, no leaks. Problem was cured...we found the rubber tube between the air cooler and the turbo was stressed during removal and reinstallation and got a few small cracks in it (twice, once with turbo and second with egr delete as we did them at separate times, which if I did it again I'd have them done at the same time). This caused the turbo to suck a lot harder and was hard enough to pull oil up through and blow it out. Replaced the boot, no more oil.

If that didn't fix it our next step was trying to see if the turbo went bad (just put the new Garrett on about 3 weeks ago)

Thanks for the suggestions...before we found that boot our closest guess was that the gaskets didn't set right on the intake and the drain tube o-rings weren't good enough, though we thought there were and somehow the tube was leaking onto the block and the intake was sucking the oil through unseated gaskets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.