Spartan Tunes for the SCT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:02 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Spartan Tunes for the SCT

Is anyone running the tunes from this library?

Spartan Tunes - Windows Live

I don't wanna download a corrupt file, and it ruin my SCT

If not, where did you find your Spartan tunes?

I'm just looking for something to run until I can get the new Looney tune

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 05:14 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
If you use those make sure you turn off your firewall and AV software. If not it will corrupt them
Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM

I have run the MAX Economy and like it a lot better than any of the tunes from ID in my 2003 6.0. It is mild while just driving around, but floor it and you best have it aimed right and a place to go. With the 2003 you might have to do a KAM or just drive it for a while. The more it is driven the better it performs with the Trans shifting.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
I have run the hybrid race for a year or two. My absolute favorite. I've run max eco, stock+, gen street, agg street and heavy tow. The tow/ brake is nice lower egts and more power then stock when pulling. The hybrid race is also a great file. I get decent mpgs and have way more power than I need. It has a good throttle response and the tune is progressive in relation to the go pedal. The more you push the harder it will pull.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm with you on the Hybrid Race. That was my favorite when I had a compatible strategy. I've heard I can still run them, so I may give them a try again. I never ran the tow/brake, but would like to.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

What about running these tunes with a factory exhaust and no gauges? What's the highest tune I should run to be safe?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
dont tow with it. i have stock exhaust and gutted cat stock muff. i can see 1200* from a dead romp by 55-60. temps generally run 700-950 crusing. they gan get hot if you step into it as all others do
Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneDunIt View Post
I have run the MAX Economy and like it a lot better than any of the tunes from ID in my 2003 6.0. It is mild while just driving around, but floor it and you best have it aimed right and a place to go. With the 2003 you might have to do a KAM or just drive it for a while. The more it is driven the better it performs with the Trans shifting.
KAM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
I have run the hybrid race for a year or two. My absolute favorite. I've run max eco, stock+, gen street, agg street and heavy tow. The tow/ brake is nice lower egts and more power then stock when pulling. The hybrid race is also a great file. I get decent mpgs and have way more power than I need. It has a good throttle response and the tune is progressive in relation to the go pedal. The more you push the harder it will pull.
What kind of MPG's are you getting with your 35's? I have 33's, but they are fat at 13" wide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
dont tow with it. i have stock exhaust and gutted cat stock muff. i can see 1200* from a dead romp by 55-60. temps generally run 700-950 crusing. they gan get hot if you step into it as all others do
I have no plans to tow with it, but I do want to try it out

I don't plan on using it for a DD until I get my exhaust, but I wanna see how fast the Hybrid Race is I still have the cat and muffler though
Old 04-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do not run the Hyb. Race w/o gauges.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM

KAM is Kill All Memory. Some programs will not match up to an old program and the Turbo and trans have to relearn. If you have a Boost Gauge and notice low Boost after changing a program this will help also. Make sure the truck has been run up to operating temps. You will disconnect the Batteries with the headlights on. Wait about 20 mins. Make sure all the lights and accessories and the A/C Heater fan is turned off. Restart motor and let it idle for 15 mins. You will hear some pitch changes this is normal and the Turbo is resetting itself. Turn engine off and restart. The Automatic Trans should relearn over a period of days and might give some odd shift patterns but it will learn from your driving. One thing that can be done on the trans relearn is Find a place where you can go up through the gears at set throttle positions. First at 25% then 50% the 75% Then be careful not promoting speeding but 100% up to high gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.