some guidance please!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
some guidance please!!!

i am sure there must be atleast one of there posts a day, but here we go. i have a 04 250 2x4 reg cab w/ 39k. i bought it a couple of months ago from some older lady who obviously never drove it. i work at a ford dealership as a tech and have gone over all of the maintenance records which she kept up on. my fp just took a dump so i installed a air dog II system (i have a air leak somewhere i just cant pinpoint it yet. if anyone has some experience please chime in) and got a sct tuner w/ innovative tunes (tow, econ, xs) i know whats coming w/o head studs but i have a plan for when the inevitable happens. i know obviously head studs, but what about fire rings? i know they are big w/ cummins but i havent seen many stroker companies offer them and its like a black hole i hear some good and then some bad, but in total i just dont hear much which scares me. i dont want to just do them and it go south or not do them and then regret later down the road. also a-1 or arp (cost, relaibility)? when i am down there i plan on putting on the sinister egr delete kit. my plans for this truck is lower it 3-front and 5-rear(DJM, oh and if you have nothing nice to say about lowering a truck, keep it to yourself remember people personal preference and at the end of the day im driving my truck), wheels/ tires, but after that im lost so many options, money is def an obsticle so most things will have to be put on one at a time (obv if im going into the motor in going to do it right and do everything at once, well try to) all said and done i am liking to be around the 500-600hp range, that will make me happy. i know i need injectors and turbo down the road but affording it is the tricky part. im sure i forgot a bunch of questions but once the discussion gets rolling i will remember them. feedback is much greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you,
Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No fire ringing. Arp studs, black onyx gaskets, oil cooler rebuild kit, coolant filter and you egr delete. You will have just over 400hp with that Extreme street tune.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks goose350, looked into the coolant filter kit thanks! and for the black onyx gaskets, are they worth spending the extra money when im going to be doing this under "warranty" and getting stockers free?! thanks again for the feedback!!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

oh and another thing. like i said i am running innovative tunes and when i get on it even just alittle bit it billows out smoke (black) idk if its the combination of the fuel pump and the tuner or if i have another problem w/ the tuner. and would you go w/ a bullet proof oil cooler? thanks guys!!

Last edited by carolinayankee73; 04-17-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nothing wrong with blowin a little coal.. It's normal
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks yosh, yea i just wanst sure if i was overfueling it from the air dog. i didnt move the regulator on the unit, but not sure if i should turn down the pressure a bit. thanks again guys, keep it coming!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinayankee73 View Post
thanks goose350, looked into the coolant filter kit thanks! and for the black onyx gaskets, are they worth spending the extra money when im going to be doing this under "warranty" and getting stockers free?! thanks again for the feedback!!
Stock gaskets will be just fine. Make sure you get the heads checked for cracks and deck them to flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinayankee73 View Post
oh and another thing. like i said i am running innovative tunes and when i get on it even just alittle bit it billows out smoke (black) idk if its the combination of the fuel pump and the tuner or if i have another problem w/ the tuner. and would you go w/ a bullet proof oil cooler? thanks guys!!
With a rebuilt oil cooler and a coolant filter you will be fine. Was your tune written for the Airdog or for the stuck pump?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

good point goose it was tuned for the stock pump. and i will stick w/ the oe gaskets, thanks for the advice. hey and if anyone had the same problem w/ the airdog having an air leak shoot me some advice plz!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bump for the day!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.