SCT update?? or replace - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dantry
SCT update?? or replace

hey guys just have a question, i have an 06 F-350 king ranch, as well as an sct tuner. i just recently got back to pittsburgh and took my truck to Ford to get looked at for an over heating problem. turned out my egr valve needed replaced. i havent used the tuner since last summer so it wasn't like i was beating on the truck or runnin it hard. well when ford had my truck they took great care of it and found a bunch of little things that my warrenty covered as well as updating the computer on my truck. well now that its getting nicer outside i wanted to put the tuner on just to find out my SCT wouldn't work anymore. now i know you can get updates for your tuner on your computer but i just moved a few months ago and i must have lost the cord that came with mine. what else can i do the get my tuner to work?? i dont want to have to pay 400 on a new tuner. can i send mine in or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Call SCT and they will charge you an unlock fee i think...the usb cord for it is just a generic cord...you can get it at any computer store, they are commonly used for printers.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Emergency Services

thanks bud. i just really want to get it working asap. its that time of the year where i'm goin to be doin a bunch of heavy hauling and concrete side work. that tuner serves a much larger purpose other than blowing some smoke and catching people of gaurd when they cant keep up with a 1 ton pickup. i just dont want to get stuck buying a new one or fighting to get this one working again.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Emergency Services

i honestly wish there were a few more dealers in the area so that people could sit and talk to someone in person about this stuff. but i know especially the way the economy has been alot of places have had to shut down. and a couple of the ones that do claim to sell them i wouldn't trust them washing my truck let alone tuning it.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I would look around before paying $150 to get it unlocked. Just two days ago I purchased a used SCT Xcalibrator2 for $155.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacbooknMyTruck View Post
I would look around before paying $150 to get it unlocked. Just two days ago I purchased a used SCT Xcalibrator2 for $155.
that argument makes no sense...
Old 04-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacbooknMyTruck View Post
Well I might be a little drunk but what your saying is to forget his X3, downgrade to a X2 for $155.00 then spend more money to get tunes on it?

Or should he just spend the $150.00 to get his X3 unlocked?

BRB need more Vodka!

<~~~ Falls out of his chair and pass's out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.