Injectors & Turbo(s) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors & Turbo(s)

So right now, my truck is havign a new tranny dropped in since I may have blown my stock one up. I really want to get a set of injectors and a new turbo but I'm unsure what I need to do to get me to my goals.

I would like to hit mid 600s but if I just cross the 600hp mark I'll be happy. Right now I'm looking at Elite injectors either the 255cc or the 295cc but I'm unsure, if they really are the best choice. As for turbos I'm lost, I'd like to do a compound set up (62 over S475) just to keep away from having a huge laggy single but I'm not sure if I want to spend 7k on just turbos. I'm open for all suggestions and thoughts on what injectors and turbo(s) I should run.

What needs to be done for supporting mods to help me reach this goal? I've already got an Airdog II 165, studs, and an EGR delete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Lt. Negativity

295cc are way to large, Nate is running a 64mm single charger with elites 225cc and did 617 I believe on fuel only. If you run that big of an injector your gonna need to upgrade you fuel lines to at least -6 or -8 lines to feed them, Twins is the best way to hit 600hp but doesnt mean you need to have that big of an injector. Your gonna end up spending alot more then just 7k believe me I know Ive went down that road already.

Realistly what do you use your truck for in the end ?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If i can get away with a 225 Injector then I'm all for it. I know I'm not comparing apples to apples but my friends 7.3 has 220 Swamps and he's barely crossing the 440 mark. And if I can keep a single charger on it with out having a ton of lag then I'm happy.

But really, this truck is just a daily driver that only tows a 28' boat duing the summer weekends.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

you can make good power with 225's and a non VGT turbo. thats what im going for. To get rid of the lag im going to be running a suncoast converter with a 1900 stall.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ill buy your 155's when you sell them
Old 04-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Just to point out even though you will hit 600 with inj and turbo(s) there will be some other items you should concern your self with with that high of power. Elite recommends their HPOP with 225 inj. Modifications to the trans to handel 600hp.

Elite makes a vgt that works with their 225 and 255 inj if you want a faster spool, it will also hold the low end better than a non-vgt, unless you want twins, then that does both high and low end.

Its good that you have the fuel studs and egr delete
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I used to have a 97 Cummins and I learned about supporting mods the hard way with that truck. So I've been pretty good on taking care of things like the Airdog and studs. I've also got an ATS tranny going in right now since I did something to the stocker while show boating with the Edge on lvl6.

Would a Stealth HPOP be good enough for the 225s? Should I leave myself some room to upgrade in the future and get the Terminator HPOP set up?

Also what's a good turbo for 225s? I was thinking of getting a 64/71 that way if I do decide to go bigger and run compounds, I would already have a primary charger.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkadc View Post
I used to have a 97 Cummins and I learned about supporting mods the hard way with that truck. So I've been pretty good on taking care of things like the Airdog and studs. I've also got an ATS tranny going in right now since I did something to the stocker while show boating with the Edge on lvl6.

Would a Stealth HPOP be good enough for the 225s? Should I leave myself some room to upgrade in the future and get the Terminator HPOP set up?

Also what's a good turbo for 225s? I was thinking of getting a 64/71 that way if I do decide to go bigger and run compounds, I would already have a primary charger.
We all have our own experiences and our opinions will be very helpful, but another way to get more information on YOUR proper set up is to call elite diesel.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:22 PM

Here are some pumps and upgrades for the high pressure system If you would like to get one.

Outlaw Diesel Performance :: Online Store

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=954

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=851
Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks! I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see what's what, and if everything is good, I'm only about 3 and a half hours from Pueblo so this whole set up may happen rather quickly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.