Anybody running water meth in the 6.0?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody running water meth in the 6.0??

Got a 07 runing 225cc injectiors and a 66/71 rcd turbo and the egts are insane and im wondering if anybody has luck with ruin methonal
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Been wondering about it too? I know it brings down Exhaust Gas Temps as well as adds some power but doesn't it cool in cylinder temps during the combustion process as well?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Lt. Negativity

225 on a single charger thats your problem mainly, honestly you have some large injectors for driving if thats what your doing. But thats the price you gonna pay for that. You can use water n meth but to much meth go bye motor.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 AM

with that turbo you would be better off with 190s for a daily... Alot of 6.0 guys dont run it but since I never ran it on mine I wont say to do it or not. mine has nitrous but thats not an everyday solution. your tuner can probably pull more fuel back. might want to look into compounds...
Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 PM

I would look into getting the tuning adjusted. What other mods do you have? Are you running an intercooler?

Water/meth will help, but I'd run it heavy on the water and light on the meth. Like 75%water...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

yes runin a sperco and adjusting the tuning down is in the process. i understand why its hot i just wanna know if water meth has ever created any problems for anybody
Old 04-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueF250 View Post
225 on a single charger thats your problem mainly, honestly you have some large injectors for driving if thats what your doing. But thats the price you gonna pay for that. You can use water n meth but to much meth go bye motor.
What would u do to make this setup work? without down gradeing any of the parts? twins? compounds? Bigger single?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Compounds would be the best solution, but also the most expensive. A bigger single might clean more fuel out on top, but will have more lag and may have surging issues as well.

Yes people have had issues running water meth, but it usually only happens when they run too much meth to gain power. I'd run it, but just keep it mostly water to lower EGT's.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub707 View Post
Compounds would be the best solution, but also the most expensive. A bigger single might clean more fuel out on top, but will have more lag and may have surging issues as well.

Yes people have had issues running water meth, but it usually only happens when they run too much meth to gain power. I'd run it, but just keep it mostly water to lower EGT's.
okay thanks thats exactly what i needed. im not goin for more power i just want the egts down. what do u think is the least meth u can run safely?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM

some guys run straight water. or the -20 blue window washer fluid is decent too as long as it only contains water and meth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.