? About Fuel Gauge and SCT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
? About Fuel Gauge and SCT

When I was stock the fuel gauge would be pretty accurate as far as miles until empty. I could normally get down to 50 miles until empty then refill. The miles would on the counter would match fairly well. For ex 100 miles to empty and I could go 50 miles (actual driving miles) and then the miles to empty would be 50 or there about. Now with the sct on the vehicle and driving habits the same (pretty much) My miles to empty go from 150 miles to 40 miles to empty on sometimes 40 miles (actual driving miles). Last week I got in the truck and it said I had 123 miles to empty and the gauge was between 1/4 and 1/2. I went 38 miles and the gauge said 40 miles to empty. I was 10 miles to the fuel station and when I made it there the gauge said 20 miles to empty....I turned the vehicle off, fueled up then left. About a mile down the road the truck ran BAD, Rough, Shaking then as I was pulling to the side of the road it was fine. No problems since then other the gauge being off as usual. Another example was I had a 1/4 tank put 15 gallons in it then it showed almost 3/4 tank and like 400 miles to empty. As soon as I started driving the miles to empty rapidly fell from 400 to 200 (probably where it should have been) while driving.

Have any of you noticed this with the SCT or am I having some other problems such as fuel sender problems? Please help and thanks if it you made it this far in my post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.