Gauges? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauges?

Ok I plan of doing the SCT with EGR delete,, but it sounds like I should really get a set of gauges! Any suggestions on this topic, and where to mount them,I have a lariat with a sun room? Is this a must to have gauges right away, or possible to wait a little?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 07:34 PM

Sun Roof that is!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
back to business

I'd suggest that you really need gauges.

I have mine mounted on the a-pillar (this is most common I think) you could also do the mount above the rearview mirror (I think it'll still work with the map lights / moon roof control there, not 100% sure though) and then a digital monitor is always an option too (edge, commander, ect)

At a minimum I'd suggest having a way to watch EGT's (most important), boost & trans temp (if it's an auto)

Fuel press. is good to watch too, as is water and oil temps.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Gauges are very important with a tuned truck.

you can get analog gauges and you can pillar mount them, and you should be able to overhead mount them even with the sunroof.

I will make a suggestion juts for simplicity, Edge has a product called the Insight, its a digital all in one gauge setup up that has a nice dash mount that goes under the driver side grab handle (so you don't loose your handle) and it monitor up to 6 parameters at one time, although the 4 parameters at a time is about the best setup up. You can monitor things such as boost, oil temp, water temps, trans temps, pryometer, etc, etc..

The Insight is also a datalogger, it can pull DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes), simple performance testing such as 1/4 miles times 0-60 times and a few others. Also the Insight can be setup by the user to alert you if a desired "limit" temperature is reached, the screen will flash. Also it has a multi color screen, you can set it to whatever you like.

With that said, you will absolutely get your best bang for you buck when it comes to gauges with the Insight, you could easily spend $2k in analog gauges trying to duplicate what the Insight does and still not have it all. I have the Insight and 7 analog gauges in my personal truck and I love the Insight just because of how simple it is.

We have a package available for $430.00 shipped that includes the Insight, pyrometer probe, dash mount and a can of paint for the dash mount.

Here is one installed in a customers truck:

Here is some more info on what the Insight can do:

Edge Products: Product

we have it available for purchase on our website:

First Coast Diesel Performance -Product- Your Source For Powerstroke Performance

if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. We do combo packages with gauges, tuners and exhaust systems too if you are interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.