edge attitude juice platinum 6.0 ?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edge attitude juice platinum 6.0 ??

Just got the kit used from C-list for 350$ a lot cheaper than new, was wondering how safe it is to run on the higher levels stage 4 and 5?? Also if anyone else is running the kit and what they have it set up at for settings for best mileage and all.

04 f-250 Harley orange and black
leveling kit bilsteins , 35' BFGs 18' welds
Edge attitude platinum
4' true straight pipe 6' powder coated black tip
HIDs headlights and fogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
edge

I have been running the platinum for about 20,000 miles now. Love it, but as everyone will tell you here it could use some help with the trans shifting. As long as you adjust the trans options when running higher it should be ok (not as good as a tunner). I saw about 1mpg gain in level 1. I DROPPED 3mpg in towing mode, and gained 3mpg in level 3. I stay out of 4 and 5 unless it is a friday night, or my buddies rigs are close by. Level 5 is pretty fun. You can call edge tech support and they will help you with adjusting the trans if you need to.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There might be some people tell you to get an SCT because the edge will mess up your transmission blah blah. This may be true but if you dont go over level 3 and drive your truck nice you wont have any problem. I had one on a 10000lb truck for 36000 miles with no problems with the transmission with running it on level 5. The way I look at it is you got a good set of gauges that add alittle power

Last edited by 06powerstroke06; 03-10-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Bump To Pass!!

I am about to experiment with using a 6.0 evolution to program the trans, and then stacking the plat on top of that. Found one cheap on CL and want to see if it will work the way it used to on the 7.3s. Figured for 150 might as well see. If not then when the time comes to get an SCT I will have the evo to use as the gauges.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
I am about to experiment with using a 6.0 evolution to program the trans, and then stacking the plat on top of that. Found one cheap on CL and want to see if it will work the way it used to on the 7.3s. Figured for 150 might as well see. If not then when the time comes to get an SCT I will have the evo to use as the gauges.
I would just use the evo to tune the truck. Thats what I used before I got my SCT and it did a good job. Why stack?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Im running the Edge Platinum Juice with attitude, happy with it, but planning on a SCT in the future
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 AM

i keep mine on level 5 all the time because i get the same MPG on all levels so i figure if im getting the same MPG might as well get throw some fun in the mix... i also have 6 spd so i don't have to worry about my tranny... when i decide to play around or show someone what it'll do i never push my go go pedal to the floor, i go down about a lil over 3/4th throttle and i NEVER let me engine rev over 3,500 RPMS to keep from building up too much cylinder pressure amd blowing a head gasket(i don't have studs) But when you set that puppy on 5 she'll roll thats for sure.... i'm saving up to get an SCT with custom tunes- they're way safer for your engine and everyone says they put out amazing power...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM

I had it and I really liked it while I had it.

If you are giong to keep the edge then do this...

put hard shifing on so your trany wont slip as much, trans slip protection on, tc lock up on, 100-60% defuel 100 would be better but this is a personal prefference, I like it at 70.

think about this... the only way you will shortin the life of the trans is if you extend past stock numbers. You also have the ability to put it on hard shifting which will lock up harder, now you can go past stock HP and still be good, to an extent, knowing that extend is hard to tell. This is conserning WOT.

you can be on level 5 and never exceed past the trans limit, by your foot.

I ran it on level 5 (for eco) with "low boost adjustment" on 1 because 2,3,4,5 is just waisting more fuel by making it more ajile and smokey. this was for DD not for having fun...

I tow 10k and cruzing I had it on 4-5. Once I got to a hill it went on level 3, then on a bigger hil level 2. I never let the egt's get past 1,200*
Old 03-10-2010, 09:06 AM

low boost adjustment?? Do you mean low end responsiveness?? and if you actually meant to say low boost adjustment how're you doing this and whats the purpose?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke06 View Post
I would just use the evo to tune the truck. Thats what I used before I got my SCT and it did a good job. Why stack?
I like having the adjustable levels, and as far as I know the evo is a tunner and not selectable. Correct me if I'm wrong. If so then yah I would just use the evo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.