Got a FICM tuned by Eric or Bill, come on in! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Got a FICM tuned by Eric or Bill, come on in!

I am thinking about having my FICM reprogrammed but keep seeing a lot of posts about how bad the cold start is and how crappy it runs until it's pretty much fully up to temp. I also saw a response from Eric that if your truck doesn't have any underlying issues it "should not have" any cold start issues.

So...my question is, who has had their FICM tuned and IS NOT having any cold start issues and what level tuning do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This does not answer your question but i wanted to toss it out.
I am having the typical cold start/ cold run misfire issues. I tested the FICM and its good. 48.2 v.
Turns out i have 5 injectors that need replaced because they are sticking when cold.
Then someone told me to try RzX oil additive and it would fix it.
My point, don't assume its your FICM if your having this issue. 6.0s go through injectors like crazy and thats more than likely your issue.
End of hijack...
Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Me and my buddy both ran Bills FICM all winter up here in MI and neither of us had problems. Go for it, you'll like the increase in MPG.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2davis1 View Post
Me and my buddy both ran Bills FICM all winter up here in MI and neither of us had problems. Go for it, you'll like the increase in MPG.
What kind of increase did you get?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Cool

I'm interested in that tuned fimc for mpg how much did you guys get up there in MI MPG Increase.
JER-1

Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM

well it hasnt been scientifically proven or hand calculated but the computer in my truck was sayin a solid 18 up from like 15.5, on the e-way. I think they claim you'll gain 2-3 so that makes sense.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to see that some of you are NOT having issues. That's what I wanted to hear.

Clay, I don't have any issues with my truck at all. They have all been fixed. I just had the FICM replaced, head gaskets, studs, egr delete, oil cooler, HPOP STC fitting, etc. My truck is running great. If you are having injector stiction issues you want to add 2 bottle of Rev-X before you think of replacing injectors. It works, plain and simple.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't know nuttin....

I did in fact order some revX today!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:01 PM

hey im new to the whole powerstroke thing...can someone please explain what the FICM is? and whats the tune do for you? is it just like a chip or programmer? and one last thing...i noticed lots of the people in here have EGR deletes and zoodad mods.....what the hell is a zoodad mod and is the egr delete a good mod? thanks again....sorry i know its alot of questions...just wanted to learn.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_the_stroker View Post
hey im new to the whole powerstroke thing...can someone please explain what the FICM is? and whats the tune do for you? is it just like a chip or programmer? and one last thing...i noticed lots of the people in here have EGR deletes and zoodad mods.....what the hell is a zoodad mod and is the egr delete a good mod? thanks again....sorry i know its alot of questions...just wanted to learn.
FICM=Fuel Injection Control Module. It basically tells your how to behave. FICM tuning is something done in addition to PCM tuning. PCM=Powertrain Control Module or the main computer that runs your truck.

The EGR delete will help the turbo spool faster but the real reason to delete it is because the EGR cool is a crappy design and prone to repeated failure. The EGR also gunks your engine up with soot.

The zoodad mod is simply a hole cut in the radiator support directly in front of the air box snout to allow fresh cool air into the engine. The factory setup sucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.