Aftermarket Injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2010, 01:42 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, Tx
Posts: 3,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Injectors

Hey Ya'll:

Pending a cylinder contribution test next week, I'm most likely gonna be looking at getting new injectors for my 6.0. I'm looking at getting a set of 155's so I can still use my stock turbo for now until i get a lil more money to upgrade that.

With that being said, I was wanting to know which shops ya'll would recommend gettin them from?? What are some of the pros that you've seen with them?? (if your running a set)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i like my casserlys, but if i were you id go bigger than 155s. 190s and a stock turbo do just fine. my diesel mechanic has 190s and a stock turbo and it runs great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
but can you still tow heavy with 190's ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
Posts: 3,353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
you will do just fine with 155's, they will work great with the stock turbo and flow enough fuel to spool a larger turbo if you ever decide to get one. If you want some prices I would be more then happy to get you some.

Kenny, I hit the scales yesterday, I had a 30' 22.5k gooseneck loaded with a 07 F250 CC SWB 4X4 and my truck and it weight 23,400 lbs, my truck weighs 8950 with a full tank of gas and me in it, when on the scales I only had a 1/2 tank, so my load was around 14,500 I towed it in my race tune (not suggested) and my 190's with a stock turbo, still got 12mpg and EGT's were fine..BUT I have Casserly injectors, so other 190's will flow differently I suggest if towing, 175's or less, 155 is a great all around injector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, Tx
Posts: 3,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by guntersxr View Post
i like my casserlys, but if i were you id go bigger than 155s. 190s and a stock turbo do just fine. my diesel mechanic has 190s and a stock turbo and it runs great.
Awesome.... I'll have to look into those 190's!

What type of power numbers was he putting up w/ that setup, if ya know??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
idk, it feels fast, high 400s im sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, Tx
Posts: 3,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
you will do just fine with 155's, they will work great with the stock turbo and flow enough fuel to spool a larger turbo if you ever decide to get one. If you want some prices I would be more then happy to get you some.

Kenny, I hit the scales yesterday, I had a 30' 22.5k gooseneck loaded with a 07 F250 CC SWB 4X4 and my truck and it weight 23,400 lbs, my truck weighs 8950 with a full tank of gas and me in it, when on the scales I only had a 1/2 tank, so my load was around 14,500 I towed it in my race tune (not suggested) and my 190's with a stock turbo, still got 12mpg and EGT's were fine..BUT I have Casserly injectors, so other 190's will flow differently I suggest if towing, 175's or less, 155 is a great all around injector.
I'm not stuck on 155's tho..... Will the 190's work w/ my stock turbo?? I'm looking for injectors that will work with my stock turbo for now until I get money later on to upgrade the turbo and I'd rather have a set of 175's or 190's (as long as they can be tuned right to work w/ my stock turbo) because it will give me more options later on.

Also, what brand injectors do you carry??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, Tx
Posts: 3,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by guntersxr View Post
idk, it feels fast, high 400s im sure
dang, that's pretty good for a stock turbo.

I'm assuming that he re-did the fuel system too?? if so, which system did he go with??

Also, who did the tuning on his truck??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adam,

what were your egt like? And how do yu like the 190's with the stock turbo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
Posts: 3,353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovalman14 View Post
I'm not stuck on 155's tho..... Will the 190's work w/ my stock turbo?? I'm looking for injectors that will work with my stock turbo for now until I get money later on to upgrade the turbo and I'd rather have a set of 175's or 190's (as long as they can be tuned right to work w/ my stock turbo) because it will give me more options later on.

Also, what brand injectors do you carry??
I sell RCD Injectors at this time since Cass isnt doing anything with the 6.0's

If you go RCD, stick with a 175 or under, you will be very happy with them, the 190's from RCD are a lot of fuel for the stock turbo, 175's are ok, but the 155's are perfect. Everyone hears or see 155cc and they think, "oh the stock sticks are 135cc's so 155cc's isnt enough of an upgrade" which does sound right, BUT the stock injectors are rated to flow approx 135cc's, but the nozzle is only capable of flowing about 100cc's of fuel, and with the 155's the nozzle will flue a true 155cc's of fuel, so its a pretty big improvement over stock. If I had to buy new injectors today, I would probably go with 155's, just because ever set I have sold, the customers love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny7231 View Post
Adam,

what were your egt like? And how do yu like the 190's with the stock turbo?
Kenny, It really depends on throttle position, if I am easy on it its 1200 or so, but I can make it go as high as I want, I also have a aftermarket IC installed. These sticks work well with the stock turbo, but I will have a 62mm real soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors