EGR delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR delete

Being a genuine NEWBIE to Fords and diesels, I know this subject has probably been beat to death, but I am going to ask anyway I recently purchased an 05 F250 XL with 76000 miles, having been a (gas) GM man all my life I was skeptical to begin with. I got a good deal on the truck, not to hurt anyones feelings but if I would have been able to afford a Duramax I probably would have bought one, my father has an 05 lariat and seems very pleased with it so that is why I thought I would TRY out a 6.0. So this brings me to my questions:

1. After reading and studying this site and a couple of others, I plan to do the EGR delete, I have seen a kit from MKM or Sinister on ebay for $300, is this a quality kit?

2. I noticed my air filter has been cut in half there is no front intake scoop, does anyone know where I can get one? I was hoping someone with an aftermarket intake would sell me the factory nose cone?

Is there anything else I can do maintenance wise to make this thing last?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully sway another GM man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 02:36 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

I can't speak to the egr delete kits you mention, but I do know there are several site sponsors that have quality delete kits. The one from FCDP is the most expensive, but not over priced for what you get. If you are going to do mods then before you go to extreme invest in some ARP Headstuds and Black Onyx Gaskets. I would also take a look at bulletproof diesel's oil cooler upgrade whaile it is all apart. All of these things could be done at the same time if you have the cash
Old 02-27-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
Being a genuine NEWBIE to Fords and diesels, I know this subject has probably been beat to death, but I am going to ask anyway I recently purchased an 05 F250 XL with 76000 miles, having been a (gas) GM man all my life I was skeptical to begin with. I got a good deal on the truck, not to hurt anyones feelings but if I would have been able to afford a Duramax I probably would have bought one, my father has an 05 lariat and seems very pleased with it so that is why I thought I would TRY out a 6.0. So this brings me to my questions:

1. After reading and studying this site and a couple of others, I plan to do the EGR delete, I have seen a kit from MKM or Sinister on ebay for $300, is this a quality kit?

2. I noticed my air filter has been cut in half there is no front intake scoop, does anyone know where I can get one? I was hoping someone with an aftermarket intake would sell me the factory nose cone?

Is there anything else I can do maintenance wise to make this thing last?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully sway another GM man.
I have a my original intake if you want it. PM me and we can figure out a price.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

This is totally off the subject, but where is Ottsville? I worked in Bensalem for a year and hated every minute of it. The people were nice, but the company I worked for suced! I really miss the WA Wa's
Old 02-27-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFastPadre View Post
This is totally off the subject, but where is Ottsville? I worked in Bensalem for a year and hated every minute of it. The people were nice, but the company I worked for suced! I really miss the WA Wa's
Ottsville is at the northern end of Bucks County, Bensalem is at the southern end (1 hour away). Nice and quiet out here. I hear you on the WAWA thing, it's a daily stop for me. I just wish they sold diesel, they have the best prices on gas around here.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

First Coast Diesel kit.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:34 AM

Another vote for FCDP. .Adam is good peoples
Old 03-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have read where some say "no need to remove the intake" and then others say "you MUST remove intake" does this mean I need to order intake gaskets before this surgery or have people been reusing the old ones?

Thanks, Rick
Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You will need new ones
Old 03-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have the Sinister kit on my truck and it is a good quality kit. Adam's kit is a very high quality kit but since he welds stuff closed rather than use block off plates it is not reversible if you have put the EGR stuff back. With the current politcal climate and the crap they are doing to the new diesels that is a possibility. That's why I went with the Sinister kit. I am completely satisfied with that purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.