Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

VIN-locked SCT X3

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jayybird 
#1 ·
I was searching through the forums and I found a thread where a guy had bought an SCT X3 tuner that was VIN locked and he was thinking he had to send it back to SCT to have it unlocked. However, there was a reply several pages over in the post from someone who said he did not have to send it back just because it was vin locked because, as long as it still had unlocks left on it, he could download firmware from the SCT site and reset the tuner and it would be ready to go for him to put his own custom tunes on it. Does anyone know if this works? I sent a pm to the person who said it could be done but I havn't received a reply. Thanks, guys.

#4 ·
Fellas,
Quick question, I apologize for the tangent. I just bought a SCT X3 tuner. What are the "srategy tunes" that are already on the tuner? Are these preloaded tunes..? I am not real familar with this thing yet. However, I am not too interested in this since i bought a few custom tunes. But I would like to understand the full functionality of the tuner. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.