What to do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to do?

Guys I got a little tax money coming back to me and I want to do a little something too my 05 f350 with 6L in it. The truck is completely stock right now with 159K on her - runs great just want more power!!! Should I , try and change the exhaust, get a tuner ,which looks like I will get the SCT by the way, or do the EGR delete? Whats the best route to take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Exhaust first, Gauges 2nd, SCT w/custom tunes 3rd, EGR delete w/oil cooler overhaul 4th, Coolant filter and CCV filter 5th, etc
Old 02-16-2010, 07:41 PM

Thanks, I just need to find out about exhaust, at least the Cat part of it! In North Carolina and not sure about there rules here on that? Any suggestions for size and make?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Thanks, I just need to find out about exhaust, at least the Cat part of it! In North Carolina and not sure about there rules here on that? Any suggestions for size and make?
What part of North Kaka-Lak you from? We're not tested for emmissions ...just safety. They will never even look under your hood, let alone your chasis...they will check your ball joints though. I run mine without cat and full flow Turbo Back 4" exhaust Bully-Dog...you might check into Diamond Eye...their price seems right.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Stud it first, then go with MoyockPowerstrokes list.

Stock Torque to yield bolts wont last long once you start boosting the pressure inside the engine - if they havent started to stretch already.

Dont stud first and the engine wont last long. Bolts will stretch (cause that is what they do), head gaskets will fail and its all severly downhill from there.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:47 PM

I live in Winston Salem,,diamond eye? Are they on this site?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM

I have read so many things about getting the studs done! I was hoping that if I dont go crazy with the HP I would be alright? I was kinda concerned cuz of the miles?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=Special K;1719625]I have read so many things about getting the studs done! I was hoping that if I dont go crazy with the HP I would be alright? I was kinda concerned cuz of the miles?[/QUOTE

you can find diamond eye systems on performancetruckproducts.com and they have good prices. i would go with a 5" turbo back system with no muffler or cat. its your call with doing the gaskets and the studs, i have an 05 F-350 and havent done them but i have 82K.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM

I called the Ford dealer here in town and asked about exhaust systems for the 6 litre! He said it wasnt adivisable to take the cat and muffler off! I asked him why and he said when u do that it causes premature damage too the turbo? It was the first I heard of this, what you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.