Would you buy this truck? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would you buy this truck?

Hey all,

I have been reading posts daily for a couple of months learning all I can before I buy a 6.0. I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 that is a piece of crap that I am getting rid of. I have to buy a cheaper truck with higher Km's because I don't want big monthly payments. SO, I came across this today, and it is over in Vancouver. What should I expect with a truck with this high miles? 288km's = 180,000 miles.

2005 FORD F-350 SUPERCREW 4X4 DIESEL

Thanks in advance

hmmm, on second look I posted this in the wrong section, should have been general discussion.
noobs...

Last edited by HawaiiBake; 02-16-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiBake View Post
Hey all,

I have been reading posts daily for a couple of months learning all I can before I buy a 6.0. I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 that is a piece of crap that I am getting rid of. I have to buy a cheaper truck with higher Km's because I don't want big monthly payments. SO, I came across this today, and it is over in Vancouver. What should I expect with a truck with this high miles? 288km's = 180,000 miles.

2005 FORD F-350 SUPERCREW 4X4 DIESEL

Thanks in advance

hmmm, on second look I posted this in the wrong section, should have been general discussion.
noobs...
if i were you i would look into this truck more because i just read the craigslist ad you posted and the person said the the truck has a 6.8L
haha thats the first thing i would do
Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like a scam that thing is priced kinda low be careful on CL its flooded with scams
Old 02-16-2010, 08:58 PM

Lol! I have seen several postings by the same person. The fact that I can go and physically see the truck over in Vancouver makes me think it is probably legit. I will have to check and make sure it is actually a diesel.

Are these motors like other diesels that will go forever? Same with the tranny. I know these are supposed to be good transmissions but that is high milage. Just haven't gotten a feel for these trucks and what to expect.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiBake View Post
Lol! I have seen several postings by the same person. The fact that I can go and physically see the truck over in Vancouver makes me think it is probably legit. I will have to check and make sure it is actually a diesel.

Are these motors like other diesels that will go forever? Same with the tranny. I know these are supposed to be good transmissions but that is high milage. Just haven't gotten a feel for these trucks and what to expect.
Before you buy, I would recommend bringing it to the Ford dealer to see if it is throwing any codes. The FICM's go out pretty regularly on these. That's $1000 right there. I think it is worth the $100 bucks that the dealer would charge.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If it is a 6.8L it is a V10 gasser not a diesel. That would account for the price.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 AM

The ad says 6.0, and he mentions diesel a lot... the PSD badges are on the fender as well... I bet it is a diesel. The price is very, very low... Wonder why?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would look at it. THe Engines are not bad if they are well taken care of. THe transmissions are very good though from what I have been told. I dont understand the 6.8 part.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM

Price is really low, miles are really high for the year......I bet it was a fleet vehicle.

Possibly a lease buy back bought out of Alberta ( oil patch truck ). I would stay away from 6.0L fleet trucks, they dont do well with the low maintenance situations that often come with a fleet environment.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:14 AM

It is possible to find a lot of trucks for sale around BC and Alberta for under 15 grand with around 200,000 km's. Lots more in alberta because of the oilfields. It will be my first diesel purchase. If I can get a good deal I can try the truck on for size and see how it runs. I live on vancouver island so I can sell it for a lot more money over here if I don't like it.

Any idea how the longer truck will hurt the performance? I am hoping to see somewhat decent gas milage, and I am going to delete the egr, cat, and muffler right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.