mod help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mod help?

2005 6.0 Daily driver and occasionally tow a 9k camper. Already installed a 4" turbo back mbrp. Thinking about doing some mods. Egr delete, SCT tuner, gauges. As far as gauges, Was thinking about autometer egt, trans, boost and rear diff temp. Any suggestion for any other gauges that may be needed. and where can i get a 4 gauge pillar pod. Also is it necessary to get the lastest strat code prior to ordering any custom tunes. Looking to gain mpg and performance. Thinking about Gearhead Automotive and using Matt's SRL and Tow Tunes. Is two tunes sufficient or should i go ahead with another? i have read some great reviews on his tunes. understand that he can also tunes the trans as far as shift points and rpm's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
First off I think the rear diff temp is unneccessary but if you want a 4th gauge you should go with coolant temp. If you have the money you should do head studs and an egr delete. Two tunes should be all you really need. I use tow and xtreme street from IDP and thats all I really need. I'm pretty sure Raul at stealth automotive carries 4 gauge pillar pods because I think thats where I got mine. I know i bought the gauges from him but not sure about the pillar. He is a good guy to deal with.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Agreed with strokin.. I bought an econo tune as a 3rd tune that I have never used more than once... If you get the hot tune and learn to keep your foot out of it, it will get you the best mpg's available. And then when you wanna tow, you just simply switch to tow.. So ya, 2 tunes is ideal.
EGR delete and studs are a must.. Studs more than EGR delete in my opinion..
I just posted a thread about gauges and it seams to me that the consensus is that digital is a favorite on here.. Analogs definitely have their place. But the Insight seams to be the better choice
Old 02-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
In Order:

-ARP Studs
-EGR Delete
-Gauges
-4" Exhaust
-SCT with Custom Tunes

I would not get the latest flash unless you are having issues with the current one (cold starts, loping, etc.). The new flashes aren't as strong as the rest.

As far as gauges, here is a good 4 gauge pillar kit: 99+FGaugePkgs_DiPricol
Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 AM

thanks for all the information
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
if your looking for a package deal or individual prices let me know.. we can get you everything....

-Raul
Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 AM

gauges

Looking for a package deal with pillar pod, not sure on brand, I was looking at autometer, isspro and diprocal gauges. Your recommendation on brand would be greatly considered and appreciated. I was hoping to find something that matches the factory gauges(2005 f250 6.0- white face and red or orange pointer,black bezel with green numbers at night. Looking at triple gauge pod with egt, trans and boost and possible a quad gauge pod with last gauge being rear differential. Any advice is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.