Edge Product Discussion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Lt. Negativity

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Everyone Edge Product Discussion

If you have used, or have had edge products and had problems post up. Also what was your problems ? Head Gasket Failures ? Transmission problems ? If you had HG problems what did your pistons look like ? Was there a star pattern ? Was it cause because of too much timing ? Transmission issues what exactly failed ? selniods ? Convertor ? etc

Last edited by RescueF250; 02-02-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lets not bash on this thread. Keep it informational only.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Lt. Negativity

This thread is not to bash anyone, but Its getting old when ppl chime in and say things so if they want proof etc. Let the members come out and post up what they went through and the problems they had.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

maybe it should be all other tunners other then sct.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 PM

I had the Edge Juice w/ Attitude and used it for about 6 months. I really only kept it on the Tow mode. I didn't have any problems other than everyone kept telling me to get an SCT...it increased my mileage a little but I kept my foot out of it.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 PM

I have a juice platinum on my 07 sence it was new and i have sent it in twice to get replaced. First because the fan clutch wouldn't engage truck over heated, I unplugged the edge It worked. Second time the truck wouldn't shut off. I had to unplug the pcm to get it to shut off. Now i am not running the edge at all because its starting to shift bad.

I have a evolution on my 06 and it was a better product from my experience. When i used it for a tuner it had good power and the shifting was good. I only use it as gauges now.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2280 View Post
maybe it should be all other tunners other then sct.
Maybe but Rescue is trying to prove a point to someone about Edge. We gave some guy good information and then someone else said something about it....
Old 02-02-2010, 03:11 PM

i had the normal juice with attitude and a platinum juice with attitude made my tranny bounce shifting up and down and all around when ever it wanted it wasnt good tow haul light started flashing AWFUL shifting
Old 02-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
Maybe but Rescue is trying to prove a point to someone about Edge. We gave some guy good information and then someone else said something about it....
Yeah and I'm the "someone"...

I think my requests in the other thread were reasonable. I suspect that those that did have problems (transmission to be specific) were using the Juice ot Juice Platinum with Attitude. I've yet to hear those types of complaints with the Evo. Now that PHP can convert the Evo to a Gryphon and add custom tunes I now will have something to compare against the SCT and it's tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
Why would you still want to use something even when everyone from all the Powerstroke sites says not to? These guys know what they are talking about. Ask Rescue what all he has done to his truck and why he does not use Edge. You can even ask me even though all I have are supporting mods.
So Goose... I'm really just trying to collect real data and not just drink the Kool-Aid. As I stated in the other thread, All I ever hear is "Don't use Edge" so I decided to investigate. I'm asking a set of specific questions that I hope will both enlighten and better inform me. So I apologize for asking pointed questions about products that are not SCT, but I am curious about this issue and I thought that PS.org would be a good place to get real data... Mybe I'm wrong...

I'm not a newbie when it comes to tuners... I'm running Power Commanders in my past and current bikes and I'm in the process of installing and programming a parallel ECU in my supercharged Miata.

I guess I'll just sit back and read the responses and possible gleen a bit of data out of them.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2t2 View Post
So I apologize for asking pointed questions about products that are not SCT, but I am curious about this issue and I thought that PS.org would be a good place to get real data... Mybe I'm wrong...
It is "real" data when it come from experience. I might not have some hard core data to prove it to you but I have driven a truck with Edge and have compared it to my truck that has a SCT with custom tunes. It is a night and day difference. If I have problems with my tunes I can get them fixed. With Edge you are stuck with what you have. Even if the Edge had no chance of ruining my transmission or lifting my heads I still wouldn't use it because I have experienced something better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.