King Ranch F350 batteries ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 05:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
King Ranch F350 batteries ?

So I just got my 05 King Ranch f350 with Kelderman air ride lift. It also has amp power steps and a stereo system, along with two air compressors. The compressors fill up automatically every time the ignition is turned on. My question is, with all these accessories is there anything I can do to stop the batteries from gettin zapped every time I turn her on. I got the truck friday, drove it to the shop due to sleeting rain, cranked her up the foloowing day no problems and let her idle for a while. Returned the next day and she barely crankeed up, battery light came on so i turned it off to see if it would restart and it was dead. Tried to jump off yesterday with my uncles powerstroke and no luck. The weather is really chilly right now, could that be the issue? Also if I replace the batteries, what is the best brand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd get additional batteries to run all of your accessories. That's a lot of stuff for those two batteries to power up.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:01 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If the batteries are older and its really cold, then that could be your problem. You may have to get a high-output alternator to charge them back up better. Or try a higher CCA battery.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM

I agree with KYmxracer above.

I recently had to replace my alternator because of a similar problem. My batteries got wiped out by the cold and the alternator just couldn;t keep up and it took out the voltage regulator. I would put the batteries on charge and have your alternator checked. And with all that, I would invest in an upgraded alternator. DC Power Engineering Alternators check these out, Raul@Stealth Automotive (a member, and supporter here) is a great guy to deal with

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05KeldermanKing View Post
It also has amp power steps and a stereo system, along with two air compressors. The compressors fill up automatically every time the ignition is turned on. My question is, with all these accessories is there anything I can do to stop the batteries from gettin zapped every time I turn her on.
Do the compressors kick in as soon as you turn the key? regardless of whether the truck has started or not? If that is the case, I would put a switch inline on the compressors so you can wait until the truck is running before adding the draw of the compressors. The amp steps shouldn't draw too much and the stereo won't have an effect unless you let it play a long time before you try to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05KeldermanKing
Also if I replace the batteries, what is the best brand?
I would recommend Optima yellow tops, personally, they are a little expensive but they are good batteries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.