DANG SCT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DANG SCT

Well I finally got my used XCAL2 in the mail today. Supposed to have 4 unlocks on it and of course be unlocked from the prior vehicle. I open it up and to my surprise it only has 2 unlocks left and the Status is Program Failed..........dang. I spoke to SCT and they said it needs to come back to them. I did not ask them about clearing all of the other unlocks (so it is fresh again) but will tomorrow. They said at least $75 to get it usable. The seller did paypal me the $75 to cover it but now I am at the mercy of SCT. Has anyone sent theirs off to get it cleared? If so how long did it take to get it back? I only paid $160 shipped plus I just got a $75 credit so hopefully I will still make out but what a mess.

On a side not I got the kitty gutted and removed the muffler. This was a great mod...def spools faster and has a great sound but with the windows up you can barely tell a difference .

Rant over......

Last edited by jayman69; 02-01-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 04:16 PM

Anyone know if tuners can unlock the xcal for a fee? After looking on SCT's site I found this...but the stats do not match what mine says .....Program Failed

FOR THE X2 9400 AND THE SF 9415:

* Power up the device by plugging in to either a vehicle's OBDII port or a computer's USB port. (usb cable not included)
* Once powered up, scroll all the way down to device info.
* Press select, this will display firmware version and serial number.
* Press select again, and this will display the Tuner Status.
* NOTE: If it does not take you to the Tuner Status Window, and instead kicks you back to the Device Info Screen, Your Firmware is Old and will Need to be Updated to check the status. There is an FAQ section for this. Status will either be: Stat=Stock, Stat=Aftermarket, or Stat=Unused.

*This is the breakdown of what each one means:*
* Stat=Stock - Your tuner is half locked, but fixable. Go the the tech support page, select the Ford Xcalibrator 2 in the first drop down, select Device Update Software in the second drop down and hit Search. Download Liveload 3 by clicking the "Click Here to Download" next to it. Install this application, once installed open it up, plug in the X2. The program asks the X2 to be on the main menu. Program Vehicle is the main menu of the X2s. Press the unlock button within the liveload application. This will change the status to Unused and the tuner will then be ready to tune a new vehicle.

* Stat=Aftermarket - The vehicle is VIN locked, you need to either return the vehicle it is currently locked to back to stock, or you will need to call Tech Support and Get a Return Authorization, send it the Device and pay an Unlocking Fee.

* Stat=Unused - Your tuner is not locked, go tune.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman69 View Post
On a side not I got the kitty gutted and removed the muffler. This was a great mod...def spools faster and has a great sound but with the windows up you can barely tell a difference .
Not to highjack, but do you get a horrific resonation type sound at a certain rpm/engine load w/an empty kitty, I gutted mine and it made such a horrific resonance type noise, i had to diy a straight pipe and weld it in?

as for tuners unlocking the sct, I was ready to buy a used one myself a couple weeks ago and talked to IDP about "unlocking" it and they told me that they would have to still send to sct to be unlocked/renewed and then they would be able to tune it for me...long/short,,,was not cost effective or me at the time....ai would say after sct resets your tuner and you pay for tunes at your paid price , minus, credit , plus tunes you should still be in great shape
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM

I get a great tone around 2000-2800 rpm. I do not think it is what you had because I actually enjoy this tone
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Well I finally got my used XCAL2 in the mail today. Supposed to have 4 unlocks on it and of course be unlocked from the prior vehicle. I open it up and to my surprise it only has 2 unlocks left and the Status is Program Failed..........dang. I spoke to SCT and they said it needs to come back to them. I did not ask them about clearing all of the other unlocks (so it is fresh again) but will tomorrow. They said at least $75 to get it usable. The seller did paypal me the $75 to cover it but now I am at the mercy of SCT. Has anyone sent theirs off to get it cleared? If so how long did it take to get it back? I only paid $160 shipped plus I just got a $75 credit so hopefully I will still make out but what a mess.

Rant over......
This happens all to often around here. BUT, it is the risk you run when you buy something used from someone that you do not know over the internet..
Old 02-01-2010, 04:29 PM

I bought my sct xcal2 used and it needed to be sent back to SCT for firmware updates. I had it back in a few days, no problems whatsoever.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobRN View Post
I bought my sct xcal2 used and it needed to be sent back to SCT for firmware updates. I had it back in a few days, no problems whatsoever.
How much did you have to pay? The tech told me $75 but I do not know if a salesperson is now going to say something different?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Sct is only about an hour from my home...I wonder how they respond to "office Visits"
Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troid123 View Post
This happens all to often around here. BUT, it is the risk you run when you buy something used from someone that you do not know over the internet..
Yes that is the chance we take....I will say that the seller gave me back $75 of a $160 sell including shipping. SO I would have to say he stepped up to the plate to try to make things right. Now I am stuck with waiting on SCT and shipping back and forth
Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Sct is only about an hour from my home...I wonder how they respond to "office Visits"
I'd go by for a tour of the facility and get them tp unlock it while you're there. Last time I spoke with an SCT tech (3 months back) it was $65 to unlock and reset the device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.